Thursday, May 19, 2022

Foundation Review: wet n wild photo focus Matte Foundation

Today's review is for the wet n wild photo focus Matte Foundation in Shell Ivory.

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $2.75 - $7 and can be purchased at most drugstores that carry wet n wild products. It retails at $6.89 at wetnwildbeauty.com.

Would I buy this again? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from wetnwildbeauty.com, shall we?
Your skin, only better. Our new high-performing, skin-perfecting foundation underwent major road testing under several different photo lighting conditions to deliver flawless camera-ready makeup every time. Specially made with a matte, light-diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfection.
High-performing, breakthrough formula
Featuring light-adjusting complex to help prevent white cast in photos
Tested under several light conditions with and without the use of flash
GOODBYE PHOTO FLASHBACK: Tested Under several light conditions and with top smartphone models.
Clear Blue Sunlit Sky
Outdoors PM
Indoors PM
Electronic Flash
Fluorescent Light
Bathroom Light
Nightclub Light
A panel of women were tested in a controlled environment simulating seven different lighting scenarios, with professionally-applied concealer, foundation and/or powder, and took their own selfies with top smartphones. The majority of study participants said that the resulting picture was ‘no flashback’ or ‘flawless’ or ‘perfect’.
‘Flashback’ occurs when white particles in face makeup reflect light released by flash photography, creating a white cast in photos; eliminating these particles combats that flashback. ‘Flawless’ or ‘perfect’ represents one’s self-assessment of the picture having all the desired qualities.

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 20 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would describe the consistency as being creamy. This has a full coverage with a soft, natural, matte finish. 

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin.

Is this scented?
This has a subtle paint-like scent to it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Allegedly, this is the original formula of the foundation when it first launched. I had a bottle back in 2017 and remember really liking it. Unfortunately that review has been deleted so I am writing a new one.
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Good coverage
- Finish looks like healthy skin
-Lightweight
- Color is a good match for my skin-tone
Cons:
- formula is thicker than I remember (not really a con but it's something I noticed and don't like as much)
Personally, I remember the original formula being more liquid-y and having a more overall "natural" finish versus this. I would argue that this is slightly more silicone-heavy (or something that feels like silicone) because it has a little of that pore-blurring mattifying effect to it. Despite that, this didn't dry my skin out at all and felt comfortable on. It wore really well for nearly 12 hours (which is the point at which I went and washed my face). 

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment