Monday, May 2, 2022

April 2022 Favorites

Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in April :) 
1. ColourPop Sol Pressed Powder Palette: I think in terms of its color scheme, this palette is the perfect transitional situation to take you from summer into fall. With that being said, I feel like I've established long ago that I don't really think about seasons much when testing or using my palettes. I've been playing with this again and just absolutely enjoying the process! The shadows are all so beautifully pigmented, blend beautifully together, and create a versatile array of looks. I'm sad that they've discontinued the palette because it's just so great!

2. The Face Shop Calendula Essential Moisture Cream: So I've been testing out my moisturizers lately and I am just in love with this! It has such a beautiful, silky, hydrating texture without feeling heavy. In addition, I have this patch of dry, flaky, inflamed skin on my chin that's been around for the past few weeks and NOTHING has helped it go away. Since I've started using this at night, I only used it twice, but I'm already noticing that patch healing. 

3. Essie Passport To Happiness: So I have a strange confession to make when it comes to my nails. if my nail polish is heavily chipped or my nails look a mess I tend to feel like my life isn't together and I'm more anxious than usual. So putting this on my nails after wearing a nail polish that literally just peeled off my nails and it wearing really nicely just put my mind at ease. I love pastel mint shades and looking at my nails when I have this on just makes me feel so happy. 

4. ColourPop Blush Crush Pressed Powder Palette: I've been testing this palette lately and have been loving it. The shade selection here enables me to create very soft, romantic looks that are extremely flattering without being over-the-top. I've really been enjoying using it!

5. Hourglass Blush in Mood Flush: I honestly had no intention of liking this blush and thought it would look kind of whatever on me. That being said, it's such a flattering warm, mauve-y pink and gives me such a pretty flush of color. I'm really enjoying using it!
6. My Dress-Up Darling: It has been ages,since I've brought up a show that I really enjoyed here and this is a show I really loved watching! Granted, it's quite pervy and loaded with fanservice but I personally think that it works in the context of what's happening and isn't awkwardly inserted for shock factor (or at least, it's done better than other animes have done it). It's a great, genuinely funny rom-com with what I think is a really fun plot and loaded with really sweet moments. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I paid for the products mentioned above myself with the exception of the Hourglass product, which was provided for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment