Friday, November 12, 2021

Trader Joe's Kombucha Black Tea Cleansing Oil Review

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for Trader Joe's Kombucha Black Tea Cleansing Oil.

Availability:  This is exclusive to the Trader Joe's 12 Days of Beauty advent calendar which you can find exclusively at Trader Joe's (I would suggest calling your local store(s) before heading out there to make sure this is in stock, and potentially have it put on hold, if you want it).

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
There's no particular official literature on this product but my guess would be that this is meant to be a makeup removing cleansing oil. The directions would have me believe that this, theoretically, can be used as a standalone product but I personally like to use cleansing oils as the first step to a double cleanse and then follow up with a creamy, bubbly foaming cleanser.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Safflower Seed Oil: Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Sunflower Seed Oil: Helps to soften and moisturize the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid: Helps bind hydration to the skin.
Kombucha Tea Ferment: Has anti-inflammatory properties, helps to boost skin's elasticity.
Vitamin E: Has anti-oxidant properties.
Coconut Oil: Has moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
Glycerin: Helps draw moisture to the skin.
Sweet Almond Oil: Has anti-oxidant properties.
Tangerine Peel Oil: Has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a fairly lightweight, albeit slightly greasy texture to it that spreads easily across the skin. 

Is this scented?
To me this has a delicious, slightly sweet black tea scent. Personally I don't like the fermented flavor of kombucha as it comes across as somewhat vinegar-y or occasionally sweaty feet-like to me but I wish it tasted the way this smells because, as you folx know, I love tea scents and this smells incredible! 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Unfortunately, despite its wonderful scent, this isn't the best thing to remove heavy makeup. If you're someone who hardly wears more than a lip balm and tinted moisturizer I'd say you're fine but if you're someone who likes a more full glam this barely removes the surface and takes quite a bit of working into the skin to remove something like eyeliner. In fact I found it a bit irritating around the eye area. It rinses off very cleanly and is lightweight so I can totally understand how someone who maybe wears very light makeup or no makeup at all would like it as a standalone cleanser.
 
Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment