Monday, November 22, 2021

Serum Review: Trader Joe's Vitamin C Serum

Trader Joe's Vitamin C Serum

Availability:  This is exclusive to the Trader Joe's 12 Days of Beauty advent calendar which you can find exclusively at Trader Joe's (I would suggest calling your local store(s) before heading out there to make sure this is in stock, and potentially have it put on hold, if you want it).

Would I buy this? I think I would

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
There's no particular official literature on this product but my guess would be that this is meant to do what any other Vitamin C serum does - brighten, lighten, and tighten the skin. 

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Vitamin C - has anti-oxidant properties, brightens, lightens, and tightens the skin. Stimulates collagen production.
Mandelic Acid:  An AHA. This is meant to target acne, hyperpigmentation, and skin texture. It has exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Allantoin: Has moisturizing and skin-soothing properties.
Orange Peel Oil: Has brightening and anti-bacterial properties.
Hyaluronic Acid: Assists skin in holding hydration.
Tangerine Peel Oil: Has anti-fungal and anti-septic properties.
Lime Oil: Has antibacterial properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight, lotion-like feel that, when it's worked into the skin, feels very hydrating and refreshing. 

Is this scented?
This has a citrusy scent to it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
I genuinely wish that Trader Joe's had this on its own because, as you know, my skin tends to react very well to Vitamin C products and this is no exception. It makes my skin look very radiant and I love how hydrating this is, a little pump goes a very long way. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. Obviously if you're someone who is allergic or otherwise sensitive to citrus oils I would advise against this but I personally really like it.
 
Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment