Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Sleeping Mask Review: Trader Joe's Pumpkin Overnight Face Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Overnight Face Mask.

Availability: This product retails at $6.99 and is exclusive to Trader Joe's.

Would I buy this? I'm not sure.

What it is formulated to do:
Frankly I can't find any literature specifically from Trader Joe's but given my knowledge of enzyme ingredients and squalane this is meant to brighten the skin by providing gentle exfoliation and hydrates with its squalane component.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Sugar: Draws moisture into the skin and, in the cause of the hyaluronic, helps skin hold on to moisture.
Squalane: Has hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pumpkin Extract, Papain and Papaya Fruit Extract, Glycolic Acid: All have exfoliating properties and help smooth out the texture of the skin and give it a glow by means of removing dead skin cells. Pumpkin is also rich in Vitamins A and C, which have antioxidant properties. Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties as well. 
Vitamin E: Has antioxidant properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a gel-cream texture that has a slightly balmy feeling when it's worked into the skin. This absorbs fairly quickly. 

Is it scented?
This has a very soft pumpkin-papaya scent that's layered over a "clean" product fragrance. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Initially I was afraid of using this as a sleeping mask because of all its exfoliating ingredients. I thought it might be a bit too intense or potentially over-exfoliating for me considering I personally like to use sleeping masks as a hydration booster. That said, I didn't find this irritating at all. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft immediately after application and I wake up with a nice glow.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment