Saturday, November 27, 2021

Moisturizer Review: Trader Joe's enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for Trader Joe's enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 15.

Availability: It appears that this existed as a standalone product a while back but is now exclusive to the Trader Joe's 12 Days of Beauty advent calendar which you can find exclusively at Trader Joe's (I would suggest calling your local store(s) before heading out there to make sure this is in stock, and potentially have it put on hold, if you want it).

Would I buy this?: Probably not. I love it as a moisturizer but I feel that I personally prefer something with a higher SPF.

What is this product designed to address?
There's no particular official literature on this product but it's clearly a moisturizer with SPF in it.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
This contains Octinoxate and Zinc Oxide as the sunscreen ingredients.
Glycerin: Helps attract moisture to the skin.
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): Has antioxidant properties.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C): Has antioxidant properties; helps brighten, lighten, and tighten the skin.
Retinyl Palmitate: This is a retinol alternative, the allegedly weakest and gentlest of retinols for the skin. That being said, and even though it's at the bottom of the ingredient list, I find its presence here, and in other sunscreens, odd. Retinol works to smooth visible texture on the skin, particularly lines, wrinkles, and pores by speeding up cell turnover. This is why many people tend to experience flakiness and dryness when using it - it causes the older skin cells to slough off while exposing fresh ones to the elements. This is also why it's recommended to use retinols at nighttime and then wear a sunscreen during the day. I haven't had an issue thus far but it's wintertime essentially so the sun is weaker. 

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as a creamy lotion - it's thicker than a regular lotion but not thick enough to be a cream. 

Is it scented?
This has a very faint, floral scent to it that dissipates quickly upon application.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Overall I really like the texture of this, how well it moisturizes, and how it plays nicely with makeup. That being said, as pale as I am, I prefer using something with a higher SPF.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment