Saturday, November 6, 2021

Eye Cream Review: Trader Joe's Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Trader Joe's Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream.

Availability: This product is exclusive to Trader Joe's where it retails at $5.99.

Would I buy this again?: It's definitely possible.

What is this product designed to address?
I can't find any official literature on this from Trader Joe's themselves anywhere so honestly, given its name and the claims on the front of the packaging I would personally assume this product is meant to hydrate and provide some skin smoothing from the ingredients highlighted on the front of the box.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Betaine: Helps prevent wrinkles.
Glycerin: This acts as a humectant, attracting moisture to the skin.
Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Marula Seed Oil: These all have hydrating benefits along with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Manuka Honey: Has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Vitamin E: Has antioxidant properties and acts as a preservative for the product.
Rosehip Seed Oil: Has hydrating, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Marine Collagen: Honestly it's up in the air whether applying collagen topically actually does anything to benefit the collagen your skin produces. That being said, I find that collagen in products provides a bouncy texture and a burst of gelatinous hydration that I personally really enjoy.
Squalane: Has hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties. Helps to smooth skin's texture. 
Hibiscus Extract: Hibiscus is rich in Vitamin C which helps to brighten, tighten, and lighten the skin. It essentially assists with brightening and production of collagen and elastin which keep skin bouncy.
Coenzyme Q10: Has anti-oxidant properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight cream texture to it that feels hydrating when applied.

Is it scented?
I'd describe this as having a "clean" scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I really like how hydrating yet lightweight this eye cream is. That said, I feel like calling it "supreme hydrating" will unfortunately lead people to think of this as some intense hydrating treatment which, frankly, it isn't. It's good for people like myself who need the hydration but whose skin cannot handle thick, balmy products. Personally the reason I like this so much is because it gives me the hydration I need - it literally got rid of the (slight) eczema patches I had by my lash-line within a few days of use, which I appreciate - without being a heavy product. I've noticed that this plays really nicely with eye makeup and doesn't cause me any issues with either my concealer or eyeshadow creasing any more than normal. That being said, I would say that this particular eye cream delivers on hydration specifically. If you're looking for something with brightening or de-puffing qualities this isn't going to do. Personally I'm iffy on purchasing again because while I like that this keeps my eczema at bay, I could also use some de-puffing properties. If only this had caffeine in it along with everything else I feel like I'd like it a lot more. That being said, it's a great product for its price point and if you want to try it out I'd recommend you do. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment