Monday, August 7, 2023

Mask Review: pixi skintreats Rose Remedy Mask Nourishing Toning Jelly

 'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the pixi skintreats Rose Remedy Mask Nourishing Toning Jelly.

Availability:  This retails anywhere from $20-24  for 10 fl. oz (300 mL) and can be purchased at target.com, selfridges.com, and jcpenny.com along with their physical store locations along with pixibeauty.com.

Would I buy this again? Possibly.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to pixibeauty.com:
Nourishing, toning jelly packed with nutrients and botanicals to help refresh and deeply nourish your skin. Blend of Rose, Argan Oil, Cica and Turmeric refreshes, nourishes and hydrates
Hydrates & replenishes for softer skin
• Nourishes & smooths in an instant
• Restores & protects
• Suitable for all skin types
• Paraben-free
• Not tested on animals

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to pixibeauty.com:
Rosehip Oil moisturizes & restores
• Argan Oil deeply replenishes moisture & smooths
• Cica heals & soothes with antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties
• Turmeric provides antioxidant protection

What is the texture like?
I would describe this mask's texture as being gelatinous and slightly balmy, it doesn't set as it dries and feels refreshing to apply.

Is this scented?
I would describe the scent as a(n) herbaceous, spa-like rose scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
I have to start off with disclaiming that I don't follow the instructions on this mask in terms of them telling you to apply this in a thick layer. In fact, I'm convinced that instruction is there to have you go through this mask quicker and it's on the pricey end for something at the drugstore so I want it to last. Additionally I apply a thin (while still even) layer to my skin because honestly only the surface area of the mask touching the skin is having an effect on the skin and as this is meant to be washed off after 10 minutes, it's not like the skin has a chance to absorb the excess. Also, when I go to wash this off, even the thin layer puts up some resistance to being washed off. All that said, I really enjoy using this mask - it smells nice, it makes my skin feel very refreshed as its on, and my skin feels very soft and nourished when I wash this off. 
 
Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment