Sunday, June 23, 2019

Eye Cream Review: Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for Skinceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex
Availability: This product retails at $105 and is available at bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their respective physical store locations (Macy's that have a bluemercury location within them) along with skinstore.com, dermstore.com, and skinsceuticals.com.

Would I buy this?: No.

What is this product designed to address?
According to bluemercury.com this is what the product is and what it does:
WHAT IT IS
Three-dimensional anti-wrinkle eye cream that contains a unique combination of ingredients to reduce the appearance of dark circles, puffiness and crow’s feet, while restoring skin’s firmness and elasticity. A.G.E. Eye Complex improves the appearance of aging caused by natural factors such as hormonal shifts, metabolic slow down and glycation—the instance when sugar molecules bind to the skin’s collagen and elastin eventually leading to Advanced Glycation End-products (A.G.E.) and sagging skin. Powerful formula of flavonoids, synergistic peptides, blueberry extract, proxylane and optical diffusers work over time to combat these natural causes of aging and boost radiance for smoother, younger looking eyes.
BENEFITS
Reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness and helps diminish wrinkles caused by the natural effects of aging. This anti-wrinkle eye cream promotes firmness and elasticity, while restoring comfort to dry, aging skin.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
Flavonoid & Peptide Complex: Unique ingredient combination that diminishes the appearance of dark circles and under-eye bags, while reinforcing firmness and tone in the eye area.
Blueberry Extract: Antioxidant and anti-glycation ingredient that helps fortify the skin’s matrix and prevent the appearance of wrinkles and laxity.
Proxylane™: Anti-aging ingredient that restores water and nutrients to improve the look of skin’s firmness and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet.
Optical Diffusers: Disperses light to minimize the appearance of dark circles and boost radiance.

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as being silicone-y. 

Is it scented?
This doesn't really have much of a scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Honestly I really don't like the texture of this which keeps me from wanting to use it in general. That said, I'll suck up my personal preferences to test out a product - maybe something I initially don't love gives me results worth sucking it up for. Unfortunately that isn't the case with this, I get that the silicone-like texture is meant to fill in any lines or uneven texture on the under-eye but I feel like this just caused my makeup to be more textured and dry-looking. In addition, I'm just not really seeing results. I get a little crepe-y-ness every once in a while if I don't sleep enough or I'm dehydrated but that's about all I have in terms of aging issues - nothing. I don't find that this hydrates, brightens, or depuffs either. I mean I don't mean to write a review just bashing it - I genuinely wanted to like the product and I wanted it to work for me but unfortunately that isn't the case, and at upwards of $100 that's quite pricey for something that doesn't work for me.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention this product on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment