Monday, June 3, 2019

Departures - May 2019

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.
1.  NYX Vanilla Cream Pie Butter Gloss: Although this is a beautiful color and is quite comfortable on I have to pass it along as it just doesn't stay put on me for any longer than an hour and a half, and ,because it's so light a color, it doesn't leave any pigment behind when it fades away.

2. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Succulent : This is a beautiful vermilion shade but unfortunately I find that it dries down uneven and patchy-looking.

3. Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette: Ultimately this palette is too dark and mostly cool-toned for my personal tastes - I hardly ever do neutral, let alone cool-toned smoky eyes so this is a pass.

4. Urban Decay Oz the Great and Powerful Glinda Palette: Unfortunately this palette, unlike the one above, has an abundance of colors that are too light - there are no good defining tones in here and while the shades are pretty I can dupe most of them with shades that are currently in my collection.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself with the exception of the NYX and Urban Decay products which were gifts from various friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment