Friday, June 21, 2019

Cleanser Review: Revive Foaming Cleanser Enriched Hydrating Wash

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Revive Foaming Cleanser Enriched Hydrating Wash

AvailabilityThis retails at $75 for 125 mL and can be purchased at bergdorfgoodman.com, neimanmarcus.com, nordstrom.com, bluemercury.com and spacenk.com along with their physical store locations as well as reviveskincare.com.

Would I buy this again?: Not at that price.

What is this product designed to address?

According to bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
Powered by moisturizing Vitamin E beads, this ultra-rich foaming cleanser helps to remove impurities such as excess oil and make-up while softening and nourishing skin. With each use skin feels refreshed, clean and comfortable while the cleanser helps to balance pH of the skin. Leaves skin looking healthy and smooth.
BENEFITS
Clinical Testing Highlights: 
In an independent clinical research study* 
• 100% of subjects agreed the cleanser leaves skin feeling hydrated 
• 100% of subjects agreed the cleanser leaves skin feeling perfectly clean and fresh 
• 100% of subjects agreed the cleanser is efficient at cleansing skin 
*After one week of usage

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
Vitamin E: Melting Vitamin E Spherical Beads – gently smooth over skin and then dissolve with massage.
Lipid Barrier Protection: Unique combination of oils, butters and waxes that work with cleansing agents to effectively remove any impurities and excess sebum while ensuring that skin stays moisturized, soft and smooth.
Green Tea is [has] anti-oxidant [properties] that help to neutralize free radicals that can cause pre-mature aging of the skin.
Sodium Hyaluronate is a water replenishing molecule that helps moisturize the skin.

What is the texture like?
This has a creamy texture.

Is it scented?
This smells like sweet green tea.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I agree with the study mentioned above - this leaves my skin feeling clean yet soft without being stripped. I love the way my skin feels after I use this and it reminds me of my beloved Juju Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Washing Foam. But at $75 this is just ridiculously expensive for a product that isn't spending much time on my face and ends up going down the sink. I will say that I read an article once that said it technically doesn't matter which cleanser you use because you rinse it off fairly quickly but I disagree because some, like this, can leave your skin feeling replenished whilst others can be too dry and/or harsh.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to, nor am I being compensated for, mentioning it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment