Saturday, June 1, 2019

May 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
Sheet Masks Galore:
papa recipe Bombee Honey Mask x3: I purchased a box of these because I used to absolutely adore them and I still do. These provide lovely lightweight moisture and leave my skin looking radiant while feeling smooth, soft, and nourished.
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables Orange Squeeze Energy Mask: My favorite of the Fruitables mask line because this leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, hydrated, replenished and looking radiant. It also smells delicious.
papa recipe Bombee Black Honey Mask Pack: I really enjoyed this mask but find its effects quite similar to the regular honey mask. That said I feel like this adheres to the face a bit better though but unfortunately is slightly smaller in size.
patchology Soothe 5 Minute Flash Mask: This is a really nice, calming, hydrating mask.
patchology Hydrate 5 Minute Sheet Mask: This is a nice soothing, hydrating mask. I'd say this and the soothe are interchangeable although that one has slightly more anti-inflammatory effects and this has slightly more hydrating. This hydrates without a heavy essence, which is nice.
patchology Illuminate 5 Minute Sheet Mask: I really like that this mask has somewhat of an apricot -peach smell - it's unexpected yet very summery and pleasant. The mask gives my skin a nice radiance. 
patchology Milk Peel 5 Minute Sheet Mask: Out of these masks this is the only one I kept on for the recommended 5 minutes - because the others don't have any actives in them I left them on for 20 minutes each. This mask left my skin looking radiant and feeling smoother - I liked that it gave the effect of an at-home peel, or similar to other at-home peels I've tried but it felt very gentle.
the Saem Pure Natural Mask Sheet Snail Brightening: I found this sheet mask refreshing yet not as hydrating as I personally like. I also didn't find that it brightened any more than their regular clay mask did.
the Saem Pure Natural Mask Sheet Snail: I found this sheet mask refreshing yet not as hydrating as I personally like.
Secret Key Nature Recipe Mask in Honey: I really like that this mask is honey scented but it isn't as hydrating as I personally prefer for my sheet masks to be.
Soap & Glory Miracle Moisture Mask: This mask felt refreshing and hydrating but because it's a gel it didn't stay put on my face that well and I wish the serum in it was milky rather than watery.
TONYMOLY I'm Coconut Mask Sheet: My very favorite of the TONYMOLY sheet mask line - this mask smells like delicious coconut milk and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and supple.
TONYMOLY I'm Rice Mask Sheet: I found this to be a lightly hydrating, smoothing face mask.

2. Pampers Sensitive Skin Baby WipesI like to use these to wipe down surfaces and my makeup because they're nontoxic and work well for that.

3. LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner: Although the body conditioners are meant to be used in the shower or bath and then rinsed off I personally prefer using them as body lotion - which I've been told by employees is an ok thing to do. This has a delicious rose honey scent that I absolutely adore. 

4. Odacite Blue Aura Cleansing Water: I used this as a toner and I really liked the way it made my skin feel cleansed yet soft. It's also got a refreshing clean, slightly citrus-y scent that I enjoy.

5. Odacite Pe + C Peach Cypress Serum Concentrate for Combination Skin: I think this worked nicely in balancing my skin out as I was starting to break out a lot when I started using it and it seemed to help reduce the breakouts.

6Klorane Eye Contour Smoothing and Relaxing Patches: While I didn't find these to be super smoothing I did find them sticky - that said they made my under-eye area look very vibrant, awake, and hydrated so I appreciate that. I liked them a lot.

7. Studio 35 Beauty Manuka Honey Detoxifying MaskThis was by far the weirdest face mask I've ever used - its consistently is very snot-like and it peels off after it dries. I didn't find that it had any amazing effects on my skin.

8. Comfort Care Essentials Revitalizing Conditioner: I wasn't really expecting much from this conditioner given that it's a little thing left in hotels but it actually provides a nice, light hydration.

9. Otaku Scents Ami (Sailor Mercury): I will say that although this candle smelled nice and the artwork is adorable - it just burns poorly and unevenly. I wanted to love these candles from Otaku Scents so much but their uneven burning leaves a lot to be desired. I may get wax tarts from them in the future but I've given up on the candles.

10. Sol Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream Fast Absorbing Body Cream: Folks, this stuff smells INCREDIBLE and I love that the scent of it lingers on my skin all day. Yum! It leaves my skin feeling soft, silky, and well-hydrated.

11Comfort Care Essentials Gentle Cleansing Shampoo: As with the conditioner, I really wasn't expecting to be wowed by this in any sense but found that it did a pretty decent job of cleaning my hair without causing it to feel dry or stripped.

12. red cherry Eyelashes in Molla: This are a nice natural, wispy lash style. I like that it gives my eyes a more open appearance but is still fairly natural-looking.

13. skinfix Eczema Balm: Forever a hero product in my collection because it genuinely helps my eczema clear up and I love that it contains ingredients that help calm and soothe the skin that ultimately help to rebuild broken skin versus causing more problems down the line. I love that I can use this long-term on stubborn eczema patches without worrying that it will cause my skin harm.

14. Odacite Pf+O Passion Fruit-Orange Serum Concentrate for Dull Skin: This serum smells lovely and I find that it boosts the hydration levels of my moisturizer but I didn't really feel like it added any extra radiance to my complexion.

15.Revive Foaming Cleanser Enriched Hydrating Wash x2: I love this cleanser so much - it produces a beautiful rich, hydrating foam and does a wonderful job of cleansing my face whilst leaving my skin feeling refreshed-yet-hydrated. Unfortunately it's too pricey for me to go out and purchase on my own.

16. dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF 30: I love that this has SPF in it but that's where the love ends. I personally don't love heavy silicone-feeling primers and this is certainly in that alley. I feel like my makeup just slips off it and I  don't like its texture.

17. Everyday Minerals Jojoba Base in Rosy Fair 0C: I picked up a sample of this as I've used it years ago and really liked this color at the time. That said, this time around I felt that this didn't provide me with adequate coverage and in fact managed to move around any concealer I'd place under it. :/

18. Dove Purely Pampering Relaxing Lavender Body Wash: I really like using these to shave as they leave my skin feeling very soft and smooth, last longer than shave gel, and provide a good lather/glide for my razor.

19. Natura Bisse Diamond White Rich Luxury Cleanse: I found this cleanser to be really odd - it's a gel to milk type of texture that doesn't foam at all. My issue with these milky non-foaming cleansers is that I feel they never rinse cleanly and leave a residue on my skin. Now technically I know the residue is meant to hydrate and seal in moisture but honestly it just feels like a weird film on my skin that feels... unclean. This smells nice and the film bit isn't too bad but it's there and I don't like it.

20. Tocca Gia: I absolutely love this scent - it's a beautiful fruity floral that feels light and summery. It just smells so good!!!

21. dermalogica multivitamin power recovery masque: This mask feels intensely hydrating - and heavy - on the skin. I think it would work great if you were to use it directly after a peel or microdermabrasion or any intense skin treatment. Otherwise, it feels like too much and my skin was left red and irritated after I removed it. This feels like it leaves some residue behind and I wasn't a fan of that.

22. Lune + Aster Under Eye Brightener in Original: This is a fantastic sheer, good on its own but good under concealer, eye brightener. It does a wonderful job of disguising shadows, darkness, and general lack-of-sleep on the under-eye area while subtly color correcting. It's also quite moisturizing and has a creamy, easy-to-blend texture.

23. LUSH Dream Cream Body Lotion x2: This is a really nice, hydrating body lotion that hydrates deeply without feeling heavy. Even the soles of my feet feel fairly soft when I use this regularly. My only issue with it, really, is its unscented scent,  which I'm sure folks with sensitive skin like but I just wish this had a scent of some sort. What's really odd is that this contains fragrance and its second ingredient by weight is rose water but it doesn't smell like anything. :/ I wish it smelled like roses, y'all you know I'd be so happy with it.

24. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid: They're not kidding with the name - this stuff is extremely lightweight and fluid/liquid-y. I used it as a moisturizer with my Odacite serum oils mixed in and I find that worked really well as this is rather matte on its own.

25. Everyday Minerals Jojoba Base in Rosy Ivory 1C: Ironically, compared to the last time I had samples of these, I prefer this shade over the OC, I find that it matches my skin perfectly and added extra coverage on top of my liquid foundation.

26. Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Mask: This is by far the most hydrating clay mask I've ever used - it's a good balance because it feels like a hydrating mask but contains kaolin to absorb excess oil. I like that it rinses off clean but leaves my skin feeling hydrated.

27. Bath & Body Works Heirloom Apple Scented Candle: Put simply this is a true apple-scented candle - really crisp and clean.

28. dermalogica antioxidant hydramist: I used this stuff as a setting spray after I finished my makeup - I know it's not meant to keep makeup in place and is actually meant to be a toner but I tend to like sprays like this that hydrate after I do my makeup just to restore hydration to the skin. I found this worked decently in the hydration department but has an odd unscented type scent that I'm not into.

29. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Jellies: So I was wearing this a few days back and when I went to reapply I pulled out what I thought was the wand wiper - except it wasn't, it was some kind of silicone rubbery squishy thing and the wand wiper was still in the packaging. I'm genuinely unsure if it was part of the wand wiper or something else entirely but to err on the side of caution I'll be tossing this.

30. Odacite Aventurine Kiss Lip Serum: Overall I didn't love this - it hydrates alright and didn't dispense all that well until I removed the aventurine crystal. Once I did, this stuff went fast although that's not surprising given that I essentially removed its stopper.

31. fresh Vitamin Nectar Vitamin C Glow Powder: This is a great smelling exfoliating treatment. Though they call it a foaming facial... mine hardly foamed up at all. I think it's nice and it left my skin feeling very soft and smooth afterwards but honestly I feel like it's just a pricey facial exfoliant - it doesn't stay on long enough to do anything other than remove dead skin.

32. Everyday Minerals Cheek Luminous Blush in Lavender Fields: This is a really gorgeous purple-y blush. In fact out of the more purple-toned blushes this is by far my favorite, it has a really beautiful pearlescent finish. I feel like if I didn't have so many blushes I might go ahead and pick this up in a full size.

33. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil: I'll be honest with y'all - once upon a time I really liked the way tea tree oil smelled but something happened and now I don't love it at all. That said this stuff is really multipurpose so I continue to purchase it. I use this to mix in with the solution I use to clean my air conditioner to prevent mold, as a treatment for athlete's foot, and as a disinfectant/anti-fungal for my oil diffuser.

34. Everyday Minerals Pearl Finishing Dust: I was quite impressed with this item as I expected this to be very shimmery and it just gave my face a beautiful, subtle glow that looked like healthy skin.

35. red cherry Eyelashes in Ryder: These are a beautiful full, thick style that's not too long. I liked them because they gave me a lot of volume and drama.

36. LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel: I am so sad to have used this up - it smells absolutely delicious - like sweet roses; it leaves me feeling clean and fresh without stripping my skin. I love it so much!

37. Virtue Recovery Conditioner: Another product I am genuinely sad to have used up because I loved it so much. This did a beautiful job of deeply hydrating my hair - making it look and feel very smooth, soft, and shiny but without weighing it down at all!

38. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anna: This is a beautiful plummy nude - I'm sad to be done with it as it's a great color for any time. Genuinely a "my lips but better" shade that goes perfectly with any look.

39. LUSH Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner: I used this as body lotion and it's really nice and softening. I find that it smells like orange starbursts which is a pleasant scent but I probably won't get this again as it just isn't my favorite scent that they offer and I don't like it enough to buy it again.

40. Fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment: I found this to be rather middle-of-the-road; it was neither too hydrating nor too minty. I think if it was a drugstore item I might get it again but give its price point, it's too pricey for what it is.

41. Odacite Ma + N Marula-Neroli Elasticity Serum Concentrate: This worked alright and did a nice job of lightly hydrating my skin but I don't love its earthy scent and I can't really speak to if it helps with elasticity as my skin is still fairly elastic.

42. Colourpop Brow Pencil in Dope Taupe: I find that the taupe they use in these leans a bit warm but it's a nice, safe, natural shade on a lot of folks - myself included. I really like these pencils as they give great precision, good color payoff, are easy to work with, and stay put nicely throughout the day.

43. Odacite Ca + C Camelina-Chamomile Sensitive Skin Serum Concentrate: I read that this is supposed to be really great for redness along with calming and soothing the skin so when we got samples of it in-store I was SUPER EXCITED to give it a go. Unfortunately I didn't really see a difference in the redness levels of my skin when I was using this.

44.  LUSH Chocolate Lip Scrub : A delicious cocoa-scented sugar scrub. I like sugar scrubs because they're edible and super scrubby but I could probably make something like this at home.

45. Osea Red Algae Mask: This was a nice mud mask - I liked that despite being mud-based it wasn't drying but left my skin feeling cleansed and refreshed.

46. Everyday Minerals Pink Primer: This is probably meant to be used more as the first step in an all-mineral makeup, makeup routine versus being used to set liquid foundation - which is what I attempted to use it for. I'm thinking oh it might brighten my skin because it's pink but really it kind of knocked off most of my concealer and emphasized where I was red... Not severely, but enough to make me not want to get this again.

47. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Hawaiian Kukui: As you folks know. these body scrubs are my favorite because they're sugar based and super scrubby. This one has a nice, sweet, tropical scent.

48. Bath & Body Works Love Scented Candle: The only candle I really like in the aromatherapy line - this is a beautiful fresh rose and soft, sweet vanilla scent that's at once a bit herby but soft and romantic all at the same time. I really like it and would get it again.

49. Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Scented Candle: A warm, sweet, comforting scent that's great for the cooler months or rainy days. While it's not my favorite scent and one I probably wouldn't pick up on my own it reminds me of my best friend who adores this and I think of him fondly when I burn it.

50. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: I like this powder and I feel that its slight yellow tint helps to brighten my under-eye area and reduce redness on the face. That said I find that unless I pack this on to the point my under-eyes look dry that it doesn't set my concealer in place. :/

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Odacite, Klorane, Studio 35 Beauty, Comfort Care Essentials, Sol Janeiro, Revive,  dermalogica, Everyday Minerals (samples),  Natura Bisse, Tocca, Lune+Aster, La Roche-Posay, Dr. Barbara Sturm , Soap & Glory , Virtue , NARS,  fresh, Osea, Laura Mercier and  LUSH Lip Scrub products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment