Monday, June 24, 2019

Cleanser Review: GLAMGLOW THIRSTYCLEANSE Daily Treatment Cleanser

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the GLAMGLOW THIRSTYCLEANSE Daily Treatment Cleanse
AvailabilityIt appears that this has been discontinued.

Would I buy this again?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?

According to nordstrom.com: (I'm still able to pull up the product page although the item isn't available on the website)
What it is: A daily cleanser that combines the power of mud and the power of foam for a super-hydrated, super-clean complexion.
Who it's for: All skin types.
What it does: This cleanser transforms from a mud into a moisture-rich foaming lather to gently and effectively rinse away makeup, dirt and impurities while deeply moisturizing your skin. Rare Brazilian yellow clay helps remineralize the skin and rinse away impurities; pure green coconut water immediately boosts moisture, replenishing and hydrating; olive milk replenishes for supremely smoother texture; Indian gooseberry revitalizes and restores skin's natural clarity and translucency; and patented Teaoxi technology helps skin maintain moisture.
Paraben-free; sulfate-free; phthalate-free

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin: A humectant that attracts moisture to the skin.
Kaolin: Exfoliates the skin, removes impurities without irritating the skin, and controls oil production.
Peppermint Oil: Helps soothe the skin and regulate oil production. 
Licorice Root Extract: Has brightening and antioxidant benefits.
Eucalyptus Leaf Powder: Has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and antioxidant properties.
Lactic Acid: Exfoliates the skin.
Nigella Sativa Seed Extract: helps fight acne, clogged pores, and inflammation.
Glycolic Acid: Exfoliates the skin.

What is the texture like?
This has a mud/clay-like texture that foams up in contact with water.

Is it scented?
This smells coconut-y.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Ironically for something that's touted as a hydrating cleanser this is CHOCK FULL of anti-acne and oil-regulating ingredients and while I once liked it a lot, I think that as my skin is aging (le gasp, I don't want to admit that!) this feels a bit too aggressive. As I mentioned previously I'm not a big believer of "oh it doesn't matter what cleanser you use because it doesn't spend much time on your face" - while it doesn't, I'd much rather use something that, when I rinse it off, leaves my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed versus tight and stripped. While this is not the latter it isn't the former either - falling into a middle ground where I find it... just ok and, occasionally even slightly irritating, if my skin is already going through a rough, dry, or red spell. That said, I think I might like it better when my skin gets oilier in the summertime.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment