Saturday, February 2, 2019

January 2019 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of January. :) 



1. Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil - So I received another sample of this and I absolutely adore it! I feel a difference in the suppleness and texture of my skin right away when I use this versus when I don't. My skin just feels soft and smooth like a baby's behind. In addition, I do find myself overall much less red when I use this. I feel like it does a really good job of calming down any irritation or inflammation on my skin.

2. One Love Organics Skin Savior Multi-Tasking Wonder Balm - I have been using this religiously as a nightly lip balm and OMG it works so well. Now, there was a short period when I got a cold sore and typically those tend to want to suck every last bit of moisture from my lips so I layered it on top of the lip balm I'm going to mention below and that was an absolute winning combination. I still like to use them in tandem now that my lips are back in shape as they just feel so good on!

3. Nature Republic by Flower Jeju Jam Balm Tangerine Honey - As I've mentioned in previous favorites I love this balm. I feel like it absorbs quickly yet leaves my lips feeling soft and hydrated. Plus it smells absolutely divine!

4. Sugarpill Trinket Lip Color - This is such a perfect goes-with-everything everyday color for someone looking to step it up a notch and is tired of the basic nudes/mauves out there on the market. Why? Because it has these lovely golden sparkles in it! I'm itching to try the new shades Sugarpill released in this formula but can't justify them yet. Oh and the formula? It's amazing! While the lip color is matte the formula itself glides on smooth and is non-drying. If your lips are going through a PARTICULARLY rough patch or are very flakey I wouldn't suggest this but otherwise it's not going to make your lips feel dry or suck the moisture out of them. I wish they'd do a red version of this where the base color was red and had the golden sparkles to it.

5.  Formula X For Sephora Latte Run Cupcakes and Cashmere Nail Color - I feel like every time I wear this polish it makes it to favorites. For good reason! Firstly it's a color that goes with everything, looks soft and elegant on the nails, is good for any occasion, and wears absolutely beautifully with minimal chipping. The only downside is that it's been discontinued.

6.  Ms. Sparkle Northern Light - I absolutely ADORE this nail polish. I cut my nails short and it looks good on a shorter length but I've worn it with longer nails and that looked great also! In terms of this polish - the wear is alright but the color is so unique there's no way I can part ways with it! I love the shift from blackberry purple to green to pink to gold! It absolutely has this space-y magic feel to it!

7. innisfree my real squeeze rice mask - I really like this because it's a very hydrating mask and while its serum is milky and hydrating it's not thick or heavy the way the Shea butter one is. I just find that my skin has a tough time absorbing thick, rich cream products and benefits more from lighter-weight hydrators. This mask also has a nice, light scent. I'd have to say this is my favorite of the my real squeeze line and I'd absolutely pick it up again!

7. Foreo Luna Go Sensitive Skin - So I've made the switch from the Clarisonic to this last year and I have no regrets. I don't even use the anti-aging side and I still feel like my skin feels so much softer, supple, more... bouncy(?) versus before I had the Foreo. It leaves my skin feeling very deeply cleansed, in the sense of I feel like it really removes any leftover traces of makeup (I say this because I use the Makeup Eraser and then I use a liquid cleanser with the Foreo after) without making my skin feel tight. I also feel like it's extremely gentle on my skin. If anything, the massaging it does helps boost circulation and is probably what's making my skin feel so good! While this particular Foreo needs more frequent charging than larger models (I charge mine about every two weeks or so versus maybe a month or longer from what my friends who own larger models report) I think it's fantastic for on the go. I love that you don't need to get any extra parts for it and that I don't have to set reminders for myself to charge it weekly.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything discussed above myself with the exception of the Indiee Lee and One Love Organics items which were provided for testing. All opinions are my own. The Nature Republic item was a gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment