Friday, February 15, 2019

Stila Sunset Cove Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow

Hey folksickles, today I'll be reviewing the Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Sunset Cove.






Availability: This appears to have been discontinued
Would I buy this?: Damn right I would!
Notes:  I feel like I should make a disclaimer that I purchased this and the shade I'll be reviewing tomorrow prior to the weird racist debacle that happened around the rainbow duochrome collection that Stila released. I mean from my understanding the situation has been rectified at this point but alas. I always feel weird when those things happen because it's like... that kind of bs should be caught before a brand launch happens but also they have acknowledged their wrongdoings. :/ Anyhow, onto the review.
Sunset Cove is described as a cool mid-tone pink with duo-chrome bright gold pearl. Ok a few things, there is nothing about this color that evokes the feeling or look of a sunset. I'd describe it as an icy metallic pink with gold, warm light chartreuse, and blue micro-glitter. It's beautiful on its own or sheered out as a top-coat. I love the multi-colored micro-glitter in this and have been lusting after it since I first saw these - especially you know, because it's part of the mermaid collection but also because I like pinks with unexpected flashes of green or blue. In fact when I threw it over my blue look that you see above I was kind of like "is the pink base going to clash here?.... YOLO!" and it worked so well. In fact I got several compliments on the look. :) It really did have a mermaid magic feel to it! 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment