Friday, February 8, 2019

Maybelline New York Lemonade Craze Palette Review

Hello folksickles, so I got this palette because my wife raved about the Soda Pop and I'm gonna tag her when I post this so it's not like it'll be a secret that I think I like this one better. At least for me, it gives my eyes a pop in a neutral way, which you'll see in tomorrow's makeup tutorial. It just brightens my lids in a really pretty way.

Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: Yes!
Notes: Now in terms of color variety, this is a spectrum of "lemonade" tones - warm browns, pinks, yellows, and golds. The shimmery warm tones drew me in and while you folks know I LOVE color I am an absolute SUCKER for warm toned palettes, ESPECIALLY if they've got high-shine metallic or glitter shades. Oh they have my heart! I think they make my eyes sparkle so prettily! Anyway... 
     Quality-wise all the shadows have a soft texture, the metallics at the top being VERY soft. They blend really beautifully and I feel like they are on par with far pricier shadows in terms of pigmentation, blendability, and overall quality.
     They've also got a subtle citrusy scent, it smells like some kind of powdered drink mix that's got orange and lemon notes. 
Without further ado, swatchfest!

Sherbet  is a satiny very fair - borderline white - flesh-tone.
Berry Ice is a satiny, white, pinky mauve. 

Sunnies is a satiny white.
Strawberry Lemonade is a metallic icy warm pink. Incidentally this is my favorite lemonade flavor!

Lemonade Craze is a matte yellow. I'd say it leans towards being a bit of a cool-toned yellow.
Main Squeeze is a sparkly champagne with silver and pink micro-glitter. It was the first color to really catch my eye in this palette.
Citrus is a pinky peach with a gold pearl and gold micro-glitter. 
Ice Pop is a matte bright pink, I think it pulls more red in these photos (not sure why but cameras tend to make red tones more intense); it's more pink in real life.
Coral Punch is a very soft, muted coral shade. I think this would be a pretty blush color on me.
Old Fashioned is a matte cocoa brown. 

Sugar Coated is a metallic copper.
Sweet Tea is a matte warm brown.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment