Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Makeup Revolution London Jewel Collection Deluxe Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that swatched so nice and buttery that I pretty much had to have it! 

Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: I think I would.
Notes: Now in terms of color variety, this is a spectrum of rose gold, rose, and muted berries. I think what sets this apart from a lot of other gold + berry palettes we've seen on the market is its muted quality, the colors here are what I would call "romantic" and soft. The variety of colors and textures here allows you to create looks from the most shy and coy to full glam sexpot - at first I didn't think the sexpot part but then I started thinking could a drag queen make this work (?) and I think with a well-done cut-crease y'all can make this sexy AF!
     Quality-wise all the shadows have a soft texture, the metallics at the top being VERY soft - as in a brush will create visible dents in them, so a light hand is a MUST! They are designed to be foiling shades and while pigmented enough to use on their own, I will say they're best applied with fingers versus brushes. 
Without further ado, swatchfest!

Sprung  is a metallic rosy mauve.
Lusting is a metallic copper.

Storm is a metallic rose.
Tactic is a soft metallic rose, it almost has a hint of a magenta-violet pearl to it. 
Replay is a very warm, slightly rosy metallic gold. 
Confident is an intense, reddened metallic copper.
Still  is a muted matte creamsicle color.
Finesse is a soft metallic rosy champagne.
Dodge is a pinker version of Finesse.
Mind is a muted metallic copper. 

Encounter is a soft metallic rosy champagne.
Date is a soft metallic orange.
Supreme is a muted soft copper.
DM is a muted orange with a white pearl.
Baby Face is a matte fuchsia. 
Sunday is a metallic rose with a white pearl.
To Die For is a pink with an intense gold pearl. This shade would be really pretty as a blush or highlight on deeper skin-tones.
All Night is a warm, matte brown.
Chapter 1 is a metallic raspberry red with a hint of magenta shimmer. 
Desire is a rosy taupe.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment