Friday, January 18, 2019

Arrivals - December 2018

Ok folksickles! Arrivals feature items I bought this month that are joining my collection; a haul if you will. Without further ado.





1. Sheet Masks: This time the sheet masks were Christmas gifts from my beautiful wifey!
Innissfree my real squeeze ginseng
Innissfree my real squeeze tea tree oil

2. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter: This is a beautiful dewy product that I find works as either a super glowing light coverage foundation or a primer for a more heavy-duty foundation. As someone who loves glowy dewy skin this was absolutely up my alley as I've been wanting to try something from Charlotte's line and had some products that I was returning to Sephora anyhow.

3. Melt Cosmetics Smoke Sessions Palette: I had to have this palette pretty much from the moment I saw it. First of all, the shades in here are GORGEOUS! As a fan of greens and warm-tones this was just utter perfection. I also have to say that as a stickler for detail I love all the attention that was put in this - the very carried-through weed theme from the box this came in, to the weed leaves on the palette, to naming each shade after a different strain of weed. I mean, whether or not you partake in the plant you have to appreciate how much thought went into it!

4. NEST Birchwood Pine: (Not pictured) I bought this because it smells like Christmas tree, although, spoiler, it doesn't really have much of a throw which disappoints me.

5. Otaku Scents Candles: Otaku Scents has a really cute concept of creating candles based off anime characters' likes and personalities. For this haul I decided to go with shows that I am familiar with and characters that I really like/scents that sounded good. I have to put in a spoiler and say that although I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the idea of these candles in practice they - at least the two I've burned so far - don't perform well. The scent throw is fairly mild and the candles burn EXTREMELY unevenly unless you give them a full 4 hour burn time which we don't all have time to do. Now, typically, when I burn a candle I give myself a minimum of 90 minutes to have it lit so the surface heats up and melts appropriately. Alas, these tend to want to canyon and they burn funny due to the wax being whipped (I think?) - they give off a lot of air bubbles as they burn and I believe these trapped air bubbles contribute to an uneven temperature and thus lackluster burning. Anyhow, these are the scents I picked up.
Hotaru (Sailor Moon)
Princess Serenity (Sailor Moon)
Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Moon Kingdom (Sailor Moon)
Ami (Sailor Moon)
Makoto (Sailor Moon)
Kana (Kobayashi-san Chi no Dragon Maid)
Levi (Attack on Titan)

6. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I needed a new concealer and my wife suggested I give this a try. I really like it. It gives good coverage and is very smooth, creamy, and easy to blend.

7. Eylure Lashes: I really ADORED the Vegas Nay ones I bought a while back at Ulta so I decided to give a few more pairs a try
Jasmine Brown in Jaybee (LOVE)
Thalia in Power Play (Meh)
Vegas Nay Platinum Princess (LOVE)

8. TonyMoly Changing U Magic Foot Peeling Shoes: My feet have felt very crusty so when I saw this at Ulta I decided to give it a go. Overall it works like most of the other foot peels I've tried but given the results I experienced I wouldn't get it again. It took maybe about a week or slightly over for my feet to start peeling and I have to say the peeling was not as much as I expected given the condition of my feet.

9. Flower Light Illusion Liquid Foundation: This is an absolutely beautiful glowing, medium to full coverage build-able foundation. Given that I only had a bottle of foundation left when I picked this up I felt like I can justify it.

10. Makeup Revolution Jewel Collection Deluxe Palette: I had to have this palette as soon as I touched the tester in-store. It's a beautiful, romantic color story with very smooth, pigmented, buttery textures. I'm very excited to play with it!

11. Maybelline Soda Pop Palette: The color scheme on this palette reminded me a lot of the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly palette which I happened to have missed out on so I decided to give it a try.

12. Maybelline Lemonade Craze Palette: My wife said this is a good one and given the really pretty glittery shades in here I wanted to try it out.

13. Juvia's Place Palettes: I have been hearing so much about how pigmented, smooth, and easy to blend these palettes were and I had to give them a go. I mean yes, they took a while to ship to me but the hype is real! These are absolutely bomb. I love how some of these palettes have shades I can use as blushes and highlighters too! I got the:
The Warrior
The Douce
The Saharan II
The Festival
The Zulu
Afrique
The Masquerade Mini

14. LUSH Haul: I feel like the easiest way is just to list out everything I bought at LUSH although most of it came in gift sets that I purchased in the boxing day sale (12/26; literally the only day of the year they officially have a sale). That said though, all of these products were recommended by my friend Kevvie and hence I feel appropriate grouping them altogether. Without further ado:
Rudolph Mask
Golden Pear Soap x3
Dream Cream Body Lotion x2
Ectoplasm Shower Cream
Santa's Belly Shower Jelly
Baked Alaska Soap
Cranberry Fizz Lip Scrub
Rose Jam Shower Gel (OMFG I ADORE this stuff so much!!!!)
Sugar Plum Fairy Sugar Scrub
Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
Fleur de Sel Bath Bomb x2
Floating Island Bath Oil
You've Been Mangoed Bath Oil
Double Vitality Bath Oil
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner (Sample) (They had asked me what I'd like to try out and I asked for anything in the Rose Jam scent because I just love it so much!)

15. Dr. Wellness Tea Tree & Argan Foot Mask: Another Christmas gift from my wife - this did a really good job of making the soles of my feet feel really soft.

16. The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel: I know I married the right woman because I friggin LOVE the Satsuma scent and she got it for me with me never having brought it up to her how much I LOVE it. Now would be a really bad time to drop the news that we're work wives and like not in a magical lesbian relationship but alas the LOVE is there. :P

Disclaimer: I purchased everything listed above with the exception of the free Innisfree, Dr. Wellness, LUSH (sample) and The Body Shop products I've indicated above as well as of some of the Juvia's Place palettes, which were Christmas gifts from my wife. Each individual palette review states which were gifts and which I bought myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment