Saturday, January 19, 2019

Departures - December 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.
1. Huda Beauty Emerald Obsessions Palette: (Not pictured) Overall I just didn't love the texture of the shadows in this palette and the way they blended with one another. It was OK but not the quality I was hoping for given its price point.

2. Huda Beauty Sapphire Obsessions Palette: (Also not pictured) I would say essentially I have the same feelings about this as I did about the Emerald Obsessions palette.

3. NYX Code Breaker Ombre Blush: This is a beautiful blush shade, the quality of which is great. However, it's time to face the facts that it is NOT for a super fair skin-tone that's naturally rosy. Don't get me wrong if you're someone fair that loves the look of tons of blush do you but while I like a pop of color to look alive this, even with a light hand, gets to look like too much on me quite quickly.

4. Chaos Makeup Technicolor Highlighter: While this is a really pretty highlighter I just found that it didn't hold up too great throughout the day on my skin.

5. Chaos Makeup Striking Highlighter: Again, while a pretty highlighter I find that this one is too silvery for my complexion - I prefer more of a white gold or a white orange-pink situation. Overall this is just too cool-toned for my liking. I could use it as an eyeshadow but given the amount of silver in my collection and how often I wear it I felt it best to just pass this along.

6. Nature Republic 23 Apple Red Color & Nature Nail Color: While a really fun red I found this chipped off my nails quicker than I would've hoped.

7. Ms. Sparkle Sinbad: Initially when I received this I already wasn't a fan that it was sheer rather than opaque. However, I figured I could use it as topcoat. I found that it just deposited random glitter flakies on my nails that just didn't feel cohesive and because of that I decided to pass it along.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself with the exception of the Chaos Makeup Highlighters which were both provided as gifts-with-purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment