Wednesday, January 2, 2019

November 2018 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
1. Sheet Masks Galore is Back!:
the Creme Shop Super Glow Face Mask: This is a really nice hydrating sheet mask. It has a nice subtle sweet scent.
the Creme Shop Season's Glow Infused Sheet Mask: Although this left my skin glowing I really wasn't a fan of the scent - it smells like lemony cleaning product. I also found that it felt kind of tight and uncomfortable on the skin. Perhaps someone with an oilier skin type would like this better
the Creme Shop Confection Perfection Infused Sheet Mask: I found this mask just ok, it was hydrating but nothing to write home about.
the Creme Shop Oh Deer Detoxifying Lemon Sheet Mask: This is a really refreshing, very lemony sheet mask. I liked it scent-wise and I felt that it left my skin glowing and hydrated.
the Creme Shop Clarifying Peppermint Cocoa Sheet Mask: This mask is supposed to be really good for acne and I was breaking out quite a bit when I used it. I do find that it helped with the acne but it also smelled nothing like peppermint cocoa so I was a bit disappointed.
the Creme Shop Last Christmas Forever Young Face Mask: I find this was a good refreshing, hydrating mask. 
the Creme Shop Holiday Cheer and Clear Stay In Control Face Mask: I recall having breakouts around the time I was using this mask and I found that it did reduce a lot of the inflammation and clogged pores I was experiencing.
the Creme Shop Anti-Aging Eggnog Sheet Mask: I wish this mask smelled like eggnog because I just love eggnog and had to have this mask for that reason alone. I found that it left my skin feeling soft and refreshed.
the Creme Shop Twinkle All the Way Infused Sheet Mask: This mask left my skin feeling soft and refreshed.
the Creme Shop Frost Bright Infused Sheet Mask: I am wearing this mask as I write this - it feels really well-saturated and refreshing but has a slightly powdery scent which I'm not a fan of.
the Creme Shop All I Want for Christmas is Dew: Folks - this mask smells absolutely incredible! I found that it did a really good job of leaving my skin feeling hydrated and looking luminous. If I see this around I will absolutely pick up another one!
the Creme Shop Let it Glow: A nice, hydrating sheet mask.

2. Bath & Body Works Island Margarita Scented Candle: A candle I really enjoy and I'm sad to be done with. It genuinely smells like a delicious margarita and gives me margarita cravings.

3Bobbi Brown Illuminate Retouching Face Pencil: Although this product isn't marketed as an eyeshadow base I really liked using it under more neutral shades to give them a little extra oomph. That said this has now come to an end. I feel like I've had it for quite some time and it worked just ok so it's time.

4. Olay Fresh Outlast Soothing Orchid & Black Currant Body Wash: I used this mostly to shave with and I felt like it did an OK job. Personally I prefer thicker, more moisturizing, body wash formulations to shave with as they tend to be more soothing to the skin and provide a smoother glide for my razor. As a body wash this foams up nicely and smells nice too.

5. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: These are a nice cleansing wipe - I find they have a nice, soft smell and do a good job of removing my makeup. In particular I liked them for glitter removal from my eyes as I find that the Makeup Eraser and the dupes I have for it don't do well with glitter.

6Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose x2: As mentioned several times in my empties these are my favorite body scrubs - they smell fantastic and are super gritty so I feel really invigorated and clean when I use them. Although this is a more clean, floral rose scent I feel like it's grown on me over time.

7. Sachajuan Hair Cleansing Cream: This is a really nice co-wash that left my hair feeling clean yet really hydrated and shiny. I didn't really love the way they designed the sample packet as it deposits product from the center vs the top or bottom so I feel like it's near impossible to get every last bit out. I'm not much of a co-wash user but if you are, I do recommend this - I liked it a lot. It also didn't weigh down my hair which is important since my hair is fairly anorexic in texture.

8. Laura Mercier Body & Bath Almond Coconut Milk Soufflé Body Crème: As its name implies this is a delicious almond-coconut-milk... almost cookie-like... scent that, although gourmand and sweet, somehow manages to be playful and sexy. I like it a lot. I find it does a beautiful job of hydrating the skin (although again, not the soles of my feet) and the fragrance stays put for several hours which is nice.

9. L'Oréal Paris Elvive Color Vibrancy Repair & Protect Balm: This is a really nice, very rich, hydrating, and restorative hair mask. I think that even if you don't dye your hair but your hair is dry and damaged through other means that this is a good hair mask to try out. I really love that it hydrates my hair deeply without weighing it down. It also leaves my hair with a beautiful, healthy, shine. I did find that when my hair was freshly dyed (this was back in March) that this did keep the color looking really fresh.

10. Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50: I would say this is a nicely hydrating sunscreen product but it's not my favorite as it has that kind of thick, goopy, sunscreen feel.

11. Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream: I really liked this eye cream - I think it hydrates well and gives the under-eye area a bit of brightness. It's also neither thick or heavy. That said, I feel like its price point is rather high and I have eye creams that I like that aren't as pricey.

12. Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil : I am so sad to be out of this as it's an INCREDIBLE moisturizer. It reduces my redness a lot, feels extremely lightweight, and leaves my skin looking supple with a beautiful glow.

13. Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX: I found this to be a nicely hydrating, refreshing serum. That said I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to do for the skin.

14. IOPE Super Vital Eye Cream Extra Concentrated: This eye cream felt incredible - hydrating yet lightweight and refreshing to apply. I felt like its cooling, refreshing quality really helped de-puff my under-eye bags.

15. Laura Mercier Soufflé Body & Bath Ambre Vanille Body Crème: I feel like I've mentioned this many times but this is by far one of my very favorite luxury body care items. It smells cozy, warm, and sweet yet also sensual. In fact if I can describe this scent as a story I'd say it invokes the sensation of being in front of a fireplace (coziness-wise, it doesn't smell like a fireplace at all!) wrapped up in a cozy throw with a good book and a warm cup of... well whatever your favorite warm beverage is. I feel like I always treat myself to a jar of this during the holidays or for my birthday and I love it for the colder season!

16. Pixi by Petra Skintreats Rose Tonic: This is an incredible-smelling toner that leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed. I will most likely pick this up again sometime in the future.

17. Bath & Body Works Blueberry Maple Pancakes Scented Candle: This candle smells super cozy and warm. I'd say the predominant note here is berry with a sweet background but I ain't mad at it!

18. Garnier Fructis Style Flexible Control Hairspray: This is by far my favorite hairspray! I find that it does a great job of providing hold, smoothing flyaways, and adding just a touch of texture so your styles stay in place but without that crunchy feeling - it allows you to comb through your hair easily. It also has a nice scent.

19. Harajuku Lovers Love (Original): I feel like I've owned this bottle for ages and have finally used it up. I know perfume technically expires but idk what I'm doing that retains the scent so well (possibly keeping my perfumes in a dark place). Anyway, this has a nice floral, kind of bittersweet fragrance. I wouldn't say it's my favorite but I think the doll is adorable and part of reason I purchased this.

20. Vegas Nay Lashes by Eylure in Grand Glamor: I friggin LOVE these lashes!!! They're the perfect crisscross, thick lash. I got loads of compliments when I wore them and they lasted me three weeks! I will say that the lash band on these is a bit thick and can take some finagling to maneuver but I think they're worth it!

21. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Conditioner: This is the conditioner that comes with their hair color and I personally really love it. This is deeply nourishing but fairly lightweight so it doesn't weigh down your hair. I think it smells really good too!

22. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: Friends I know this product has a cult following and my mom seemed to love it (and used up most of the bottle to boot!) but I just found that, more than anything, this tangled my hair. I like texturizing products that don't feel like they're there but make my hair maybe feel fuller or give it a bit of grip and this is on the extreme end of I can really feel it in my hair. I thought maybe I could use it as a hairspray or finishing touch but it left my hair kind of looking a bit rat's nest-ish. :/

23. Bath & Body Works White Citrus Shampoo: I found this to be a pretty standard shampoo - got my hair clean, didn't do anything to particularly write home about. It does have that nice white citrus scent which is a plus - it smells like lemon wafers :3

24. Pixi by Petra Skintreats Glow Tonic: There is so much hype surrounding this product and now that I've finished the bottle I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT!!!! Firstly, this doesn't smell nice. It's a rather acrid scent that, while it dissipates quite quickly, occurs to me as a cross between farts and acetone. It does make my skin feel smoother but not to such an extent that I think it's amazing in any sense. Honestly it would be a stretch to say this gave me any sort of glow. I know this sounds like a really harsh review and it's not a dig at Pixi - I love the bronzer I have by them, I love the Rose Tonic (which I talked about above) but I either got a dud or this is some foul stuff.

25. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: Ok so I've tried a mini of this before but I totally get what all the hype is about (even though this has been around for ages, mind you!) but it sets makeup in a really soft-focus, smoothing way and has a pretty slightly brightening effect AND, although it looks yellow-ish in the container, it doesn't make me looked jaundiced.

26. Bath & Body Works Autumn Scented Candle: This is by far my favorite autumn scented candle - it's a beautiful woodsy, dried-leaves, apple-ish scent that just makes me think of walking through a lane with a cup of warm cider in hand. It's super cozy!

27. L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream: I found this BB cream to be just okay. It gave me a light-medium coverage and a nice glow but, to be honest, I got this in fair which I believe is the lightest shade and it's a bit too dark and too yellow for me.

28. Bumble and Bumble Bb Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer: This is a wonderful multipurpose product for the hair. It can function as a leave-in conditioner, a lightweight hydration booster on both wet and dry hair, is great for smoothing flyaways, and also fantastic to spray onto the ends of the hair if they're dry. I love how incredibly lightweight it is, it doesn't weigh down my fine hair at all. It smells really good too!

29. Bath & Body Works White Citrus Conditioner: This is a nice lightweight hydrating conditioner with the white citrus scent. I liked it quite a bit and honestly, if I could find a tube of this, I'd buy it.

30. Darphin Paris Stimulskin Plus Reshaping Divine Serum: Honestly friends, I HATE that I really love this serum because at $325 I need me a glucose guardian to get me a hookup. I mean I bake and crochet but I don't feel like I can produce a project of such a magnitude that someone will want to give me $325 to spend on this (and that's before taxes!). Anyway let's get into why I love this - it smells nice, it gives my skin a hydrating and firming boost and while I don't really have any aging concerns to speak of I really feel that it makes my skin feel more supple and firm. I would really love to use this long-term but just really cannot afford to do so.

31. M-61 Hydraboost Face Mist: A cucumber-scented refreshing spray. I kind of find the spray somewhat too fine to feel refreshing. It's just kind of there. This was nice but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

32. Odacite Black Cumin - Cajeput Pimples Serum Essence: Quite frankly I found that this works just ok as a spot treatment for acne blemishes and personally, I really don't like the way it smells. I find it kind of warm and earthy (in a soil-like way)… personally I just don't like earthy smelling things very much.

33. Bath & Body Works White Citrus Bath Gel: A really nice, sweet, fresh citrusy smelling shower gel.

34. Ro's Argan Body Conditioner: I absolutely ADORE this stuff. It is a yummy sweet rose scented body cream that feels richly hydrating. Welp, so after reading reviews I've realized you're meant to wash it off... :/ I've been using this as a moisturizer and I've liked it a lot that way. Kind of a pricey item to use and then wash off.

35. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Zero: Honestly speaking I really didn't like this pencil, I get that the point of it is to be matte so that it makes lip-color longer lasting but I found that it left my lips feeling dry, tight, and crusty and didn't do a better job of making my lipstick stay on than any lip balm that I use. At the cost of dry lips I just don't think this is worth it.

36. Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color: This shampoo was just alright to me and honestly left me with a really odd patch of dandruff at the back of my head that I wasn't the biggest fan of.

37. Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine: As with the color shampoo this left me dandruff-y and didn't do a better job of making my hair shiny than the Head & Shoulders that I typically use. :/

38. Natural Republic Real Squeeze Aloe Vera Peeling Foot Mask: This is a really great peeling foot mask. For some weird yet miraculous reason I find that these do a good job of alleviation foot pain and, over the peeling process, getting rid of gross extra dry skin on the feet. That said, if you have thick calluses this may remove the top layers of them but not go all the way down to the "core" of the callus.

39. Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum: I think this is a really nice, lightweight serum. It left my skin feeling supple and smooth.

40. Ardell Faux Mink Lashes in 811: I am SO GLAD that these lashes are over and done with as I've been struggling through 3 packs of them since may. I personally am not a fan of the lash band as it's thick and difficult to maneuver and has crappy structural integrity in that, if you accidentally rip it when you're picking glue off it, it'll separate and the whole thing will fall apart. :/

41. R+Co Dallas Thickening Conditioner: While this conditioner is great for hydration, overall, I find the combination makes my hair more voluminous and tangle prone than "thickened."

42. R+Co Dallas Thickening Shampoo: The shampoo, I would say, is the more tangle-inducer of the duo as I'm assuming the texturizing function that it has is supposed to make the hair look and feel thicker. Alas...

43. Indie Lee Active Oil-Free Moisturizer: This is a really nice lightweight moisturizer. I find that despite its being light and oil-free that it still manages to provide hydration for my dry skin which is pretty impressive.

44. Avene Hydrance Intense Hydrating Serum: Although initially I didn't find this serum hydrating enough I did grow to like it over time. I felt that it increased my skin's hydration and felt fairly moisturizing and refreshing when I applied it.

45. Clinique Pretty Easy Eyelining Pen: Although I like this liner I felt like this one in particular got bent out of shape in a way that I couldn't fix. The bristles got frayed to the point where I couldn't create a good line with it, although it was still full of product. Unfortunately I had to toss it.

46. Laura Mercier Soufflé Body Cream in Crème de Pistache: This is an absolutely delicious smelling body cream. I really enjoyed using it.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Bobbi Brown, Caudalie, Dermalogica, Indiee Lee, Sulwhasoo, Sachajuan, L'Oreal, Oribe, Darphin, M-61, Bath & Body Works Shampoo/Conditioner, Clinique, Avene and IOPE products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment