Saturday, January 5, 2019

Departures - November 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.

1. Aqualillies for Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek Palette: Although this is a great-quality palette, like those from the past few months, it doesn't inspire me. In the case of this particular palette I feel like it's because the selection of shades is limited and truthfully the only one I'm ever super happy to use is the teal... it's not that the other shadows don't perform as well they're all just so neutral and I feel like it's been neutral-central the past few months. That said, I find that the neutrals themselves aren't so amazing that I'd reach for them before some of my other palettes. Because of this I've decided to pass this on.

2.ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Stole the Show: This is a beautiful highlight but for whatever reason it just didn't seem to stay on my face.

3.ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Lunch Money: This is one of my favorite highlighters and that, for some reason it doesn't stay on my face is heartbreaking, but since that appears to be the case I am passing this on.

4. NYX Taupe Powder Blush: Although I initially liked this a lot I found that it's too subtle to give me that really cut-yet-blended contour look that I like. This is a beautiful contour shade for fair skin-tones and I did pass it along to a friend that I know will benefit from owning it.

5. Femme Fatale Flamingo Feather: Although I really like the holographic and golden pearls this has I also find the base shade not up my alley. It's an odd shade of salmon that's neither orange or pink enough for my liking.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment