Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Melt Cosmetics Smoke Sessions Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that I am SO EXCITED to own, a palette that... pretty much from the moment I saw swatches I knew I had to have because I love green and I love warm tones!



Availability: The currently retails at $48 and can be purchased at nordstrom.com and sephora.com along with their physical store locations (I'd recommend calling them to make sure it's on stock) as well as beautybay.com andmeltcosmetics.com.
Would I buy this again?: I think I would.
Notes: Now in terms of color variety, this is a spectrum of golds and greens; I would say the main things this palette lacks in order to make it a stand-alone is a highlight shade and a "blending out" crease tone which, ideally, you'll bring in from other palettes. While I do like palettes that can be stand-alones for their convenience I am such a junkie that I know I have other eyeshadows that I can pair this palette with. In addition, even if I were to travel I could always use my contour shade as a "blending out" crease tone and my face highlighter on my eyes so really I wouldn't need to bring anything additional with me if I wanted to bring this palette. 
     Quality-wise all the shadows have a soft texture, the metallics being VERY soft - as in a brush will create visible dents in them so a light hand is a MUST! They blend quite easily and are a texture that, although not everyone's cup of tea, I like working with because of the high blendability and color payoff.
Without further ado, swatchfest!
Gravity OG is described as a dominant yellow gold. I'd describe it as a true gold, I don't find it highly "yellow" with gold micro-glitter.
Grand Daddy is described as a high-grade olive gold foil. I'd describe it as a metallic golden olive.

Black Widow is described as a trippy olive shimmer. I'd describe it as a blackened olive with gold micro-glitter.
Sour Diesel is described as a potent gray olive matte. I'd describe it as a matte smoky charcoal-meets-olive. It's a very weird shade that teeters on being both warm and cool-toned. Quite a unique color!
Space Queen is described as a hunter green matte. I'd describe it as a heavily blackened green. It looks pretty much black on my skin-tone.
Mean Green is described as a pungent emerald with a loud green shift. I'd describe it as a softly blackened green with an emerald pearl.
Sweet Tooth is described as a jade shimmer. I'd describe it as a cool-toned dark mint green. 
Blue Dream is described as a crystallized mint pearl. I'd describe it as a minty micro-glitter. This shade is best used as a topper for other shades rather than on its own because while the micro-glitter in this shows up well, the base color is rather translucent unless you keep layering the shade on top of itself.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment