Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Primer Review: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter





AvailabilityThis can be purchased at sephora.com and nordstrom.com along with their physical store locations along with charlottetilbury.com The retail pricing is $15 for 0.81 oz. (5.5 mL) or at $44 for 1 oz. (30 mL).

Would I buy this? Yes!

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to sephora.com:
What it is:
A liquid tinted complexion booster for a superstar youthful glow.
What it does:
Hollywood Flawless Filter is a customizable complexion booster that can be used as a primer, highlighter, or can be mixed with your foundation to get a perfected dewy finish or glow. Inspired by the perfecting lens of social media filters, ingredients help to soften focus, illuminate skin, and make lines and pores appear smoother.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
Beuty Tip:
To dial up your full look, extend your application from the face to the décolletage, shoulders and back for a dazzling evening out.


Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Squalane:  a natural hydrocarbon that is present in the skin, helping to prevent loss of hydration and to improve suppleness. Unlike plant oils, Squalane is completely non-greasy, is exceptionally pure and stays stable in varying UV, temperature and oxidative conditions. Its non-comedogenic emollience hydrates while improving visible elasticity and texture

What is the texture like?
This feels like a lightweight moisturizer. 

Is this scented?
This has an "unscented" moisturizer type of scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
The main reason I purchased this is because I've been hearing so much about Charlotte Tilbury lately that I wanted to try something from her line but I wasn't sure what. I figured I'd purchase this, thinking it was a foundation at the time, because that was something I didn't have a ton of. I will say that this doesn't provide a lot of coverage, so unless you have good skin that you'd like to enhance with an ethereal glow or you just don't want a lot of coverage this may have to work as more of a primer for you. I absolutely LOVE the glow it imparts - my skin looks dewy, glowing, ethereal, angelic. Personally I don't think that the glow is "too much" but y'all I'm extra as hell when it comes to glow. If you're more of a natural skin type of person this may not be up your alley as an all-over product and you may prefer it as more of a sheer highlighter for your cheekbones or eye area. That said, if you have a foundation that you feel might be a tad too matte this can help give it a little glow.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment