Monday, April 1, 2019

March 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
Sheet Masks Galore:
innisfree my real squeeze mask in acaiberry: This is a lovely hydrating mask with a light berry scent. I've noticed with these masks that the one that have the little jar icon on the lower right are more hydrating and those with the bottle icon tend to be more lightweight/refreshing.
innisfree skin solution mask in Madecassoside: This is a really nice hydrating mask. It left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. My wife says these have a really good fit and I agree! I feel like sometimes the masks produced for the Korean market tend to be for a more petite face and I like that these work well on faces that are... larger... for lack of a better word.
kina Cosmetics Refining Quinoa Face Mask: I really love this mask! It left my skin feeling very soft and smooth with a nice serum that didn't feel heavy.
Lune + Aster 5 Minute Rescue Mask in Hydrate (Coconut): I found this mask disappointing in several aspects. It did leave my skin hydrated by in a very lightweight way. With coconut I was expecting a creamy serum but the one here is more of a clear gel. It doesn't even smell like coconut, it smells like chemically coconut water. :( It was also a bit too small for my face.
Lune + Aster 5 Minute Rescue Mask in Detox (Grapefruit): Although this is supposed to have more of an astringent pore-tightening effect, I find that it's very refreshing and feels hydrating while its on (not so much after, but it certainly didn't dry me out). It also has a lovely citrusy scent that I really enjoy.
Lune + Aster 5 Minute Rescue Mask in Soothe (Aloe): So I've heard rumors that someone had used this and it reduced her redness so much that she was able to stop wearing foundation. I went into this mask with expectations that it would reduce some of my redness. Nope... no difference. It felt alright, hydrating, refreshing, but also very basic. I just don't think it's worth the money. 
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables Orange Squeeze Energy Mask: I'll be real with you all, I don't love the way these masks are folded up because I feel that trying to unfold them stretches them out funny. That said these are mega saturated in serum and leave the skin feeling very hydrated, super supple, and looking radiant. This mask has a delicious citrus-tropical scent.
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables Red Squeeze Intensive Mask:  This mask has a soft berry scent. Frankly I liked the orange one better for its scent and for how it left my skin looking more radiant.
Kina Cosmetics Ceramide Face Mask: A nice, hydrating sheet mask. I think I was expecting this to be more hydrating because of the ceramides that are in it but it was just ok.
Oozoo Bear Aurora Illuminating Mask: This is a nice hydrating mask as well. I think the packaging is absolutely stunning, the sunset /aurora situation is breathtaking but the mask itself is just alright.
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Brightening Mask: As with the other two masks described above this is loaded with hydrating serum that remains on my skin; making the skin look and feel very hydrated and radiant. This has a mango spice scent that I don't love.
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables Green Squeeze Relaxing Mask: This gave my skin a nice glow. It has this odd sweet yet salad-ish green scent that... I don't find relaxing. The mask is nice but I wouldn't get it again.
papa recipe Bombee Fruitables White Squeeze Balancing Mask: This mask smells strongly of pear essence. I found it to be nice, refreshing, and lightly hydrating whilst imparting a nice radiant glow. This is the last of the Fruitables line that I purchased to try and honestly, as much as I like that the serum stays on your face while you're using this and after you remove the mask, which leads to better hydration, I just wasn't wowed by any of them other than the orange. The orange one though, if your skin is dull or dry, get it!!!!
papa recipe Bombee Honey Butter Cream Mask: So y'all know I love the regular honey version of this mask so I figured I'd give this a go. I mean honey butter sounds great, doesn't it? Well in this case no. rather than serum that has a more butter-textured cream (not really a serum) that it's soaked in and comes in two parts - one for the top, and one for the bottom, of your face. Frankly I found the fit to be a tad bit too small. In addition, the texture of this is heavy and is probably best suited for someone with dry skin or someone who likes those heavy textures. Typically I find serum masks help my skincare absorb over the top because I'm sealing in a lot of hydration. When I used this I felt like everything just sits on top of it. This smells delicious but that's about all it has going for it.
papa recipe Bombee Rose Gold Honey Mask Pack: Y'all this mask felt super luxurious from the moment I pulled it out of the packaging. That said, I'm not sure how much benefit the gold here actually has, given that it technically faces away from your skin if you wear the mask as it's intended. That said, the essence in here feels very lovely, hydrating without being heavy, and leaves my skin plum and glowing. It also smells absolutely delicious.

2. Josie Maran Argan Oil: I've had this bottle for several years now, it smells kind of stale, and I've been getting breakouts when I used this so I figure it's best just to toss it.

3. redcherry Eyelashes in #510 x2: These are a really great long but natural-looking lash. A lot of people thought these were my natural lashes which, frankly, is such a compliment because they're so long!

4. Harajuku Lovers Music (Original): My favorite of the Harujuku Lovers scents. This has a nice, sweet, floral scent.

5. R+Co Rodeo Star Thickening Style Foam: Although I used this up completely it's not my favorite mousse at all. I found that it gave my hair a very weird texture without really giving it a thicker feeling or look.

6Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango: This was the first scent I ever got and it got me hooked on these scrubs. I'd say they are BY FAR my favorite - I love their degree of scrubbiness and how they don't leave your shower floor oily.

7. Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift: This is a color-corrector and brightener for the under-eye area. It's ok, albeit kind of dry-ish in texture. I wish it were more hydrating!

8. Bath & Body Works Kitchen Lemon & Mint Deep Cleansing Hand Soap: This has a very lovely, refreshing and uplifting scent. I like it a lot! It foams nicely and keeps my hands feeling clean without being stripped of moisture.

9. Colourpop Lippie Stix in Topanga: I'm sad to be tossing this as it's such a pretty nude-ish coral that just goes with any look so perfectly. Alas, I've used it all up.

10. Molton Brown Vintage with Elderflower Body Lotion: This smells absolutely beautiful and the lotion itself is lightweight. I found that it hydrated my legs well but, as is fairly typical, it didn't do much to hydrate the soles of my feet as much as I would've wanted it to.

11innisfree Moisture-Volumizing Serum with Lave Seawater: This is a very watery, lightweight, hydrating serum. Personally I prefer serums with a bit more of a viscous consistency. It was alright but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

12. Dove Purely Pampering Relaxing Lavender Body Wash: As I've mentioned with these in the past I really like to use them for shaving my legs. This is hydrating and provides a great glide for my razor. I don't go through these nearly as often as I do with shaving foam - once a month versus once a week or so. It also has a beautiful lavender scent.

13. Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash Off : I'm sad to be done with this. It smells absolutely delicious, does a wonderful job of exfoliating my skin and leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth after use.

14. Bath & Body Works Happy Island Papaya Scented Candle: This has such a pretty tropical fruity scent mixed with a fresh ocean breeze scent. It's so nice and summery, I'm sad to part ways with it but alas, it's all gone.

15.Bath & Body Works Good At Naps Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel: This is a lavender scented hand sanitizer. I liked it ok, it did the job.

16. Harmon Face Values Natural Castile Liquid Soap in Soothing Lavender: Folks, frankly I love castile soap to wash my brushes with as it removes makeup well and keeps them soft, but that said, this smells very artificial and I'm glad to be done with it. On the plus side this bottle lasted nearly an entire year.

17. GlamGlow Good in Bed Passionfruit Softening Night Cream: I find this to be an alright moisturizer. It is nicely hydrating without being heavy but I'd say it's just ok, I'm not wowed by it. It smells nice.

18. Luxie 205 Tapered Blending Brush: This brush was great when I first started using it, does the job, blends eyeshadow well. It's synthetic so you can use it for cream and powder formulations. That said the bristles have loosened from the ferule and now it's shaped all funky. For that reason I am letting this go.

19. Bath & Body Works Tea & Lemon Scented Candle: As always I'm so sad that I'm done with this candle - its lemon tea scent is just so comforting to me. I've been drinking lemon tea as far back in time as I can remember, since I was a wee child, so I find the idea of it VERY comforting.

20. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo: I think this is technically supposed to help with dandruff because it physically exfoliates dead skin off the scalp. I will say that since using it I haven't had any major dandruff flare-ups, I think maybe once or twice I may have had a bout of the flakies but they vanished quickly. This is GIGANTIC because I used to always get quite thick, patchy dandruff especially in the winter-time - it's possible I have scalp eczema as the patches were sometimes thick and plaque-like. :/ Anyhow my scalp is fairly flake-free now when I use this. My only beef is that this has a rather medicinal, herbal scent that I'm not a fan off.

21. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Pomegranate Acai: This is a very clean, slightly sweet and fruity-scented sugar scrub. Y'all know I love these, I don't have to add much more. :P

22. Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste with Pure Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts: I'm sad that this is gone because this product really works. Initially I thought it was a styling product and only later understood that it's kind of a scalp scrub/conditioner. It gives my hair some nice lift and bounce.

23. Lash Star Visionary Lash Adhesive: This is a brush-on lash adhesive, it's pretty standard, no frills. It works.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Josie Maran, R+Co, Molton Brown, GlamGlow, Christophe Robin  and  Trish McEvoy products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment