Thursday, April 4, 2019

Departures - March 2019

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies). Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.


1. Ms. Sparkle Interlude Blue: This is a really beautiful nail color but unfortunately I have to give it away because it chipped within two days of wear on me.

2. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Baby Doll: This is a gorgeous warm pink with golden sparkles but unfortunately it doesn't stay put on me.

3. YSL Palette City Drive Arty Palette: Ok quick story time - when this palette launched my best friend was working at Bloomingdale's and took me there all "let me know if there's anything you want cause we're having a sale" and of course! because I was obsessed with YSL beauty at the time and the chartreuse and blue jumped out at me I WAS ALL OVER THIS. Now... SEVERAL PEOPLE told me not to get this, that it was an impulse decision and I shouldn't.... My inner YOLO prevailed and here I am, long after this has been discontinued, telling those folks they were right. The chartreuse and blue ARE beautiful, when used wet... dry they're kind of lacking in pigmentation... as is the whole palette honestly and it doesn't work cohesively if you try to use all the eyeshadows wet. I do like that using them wet doesn't ruin them. That aside, I have shades of blue and chartreuse that are just as pigmented, if not more, and don't need to be used wet in far more cohesive palettes. As such I will be passing this along.

4. Clinique Air Kiss Splash Lip Gloss: When it comes to this gloss I knew pretty much right away that I'd eventually pass this along. The unfortunate thing with these glosses is THEY FEEL AMAZING going on - super slick, hydrating, non-sticky but they just don't stay put. In addition, this one is just really sheer as well.

5. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Tulip: A really cute cool-toned pink that doesn't stay put on me.

6. MAC Flash of Flesh Lipglass: This is a really pretty nude and one that I loved very much when I was in high school (hence me buying it again) but unfortunately it doesn't wear well on me.

7. Tarte Exposed Lipsurgence Lip Gloss: The very last of my departing lip glosses. This is a very pretty color and the formula smells absolutely delicious but unfortunately it doesn't last on me.

8. Osea Ocean Cleanser: This is a lovely-smelling cream cleanser that leaves my skin feeling soft. Unfortunately it doesn't really produce a foam and personally I really like cleansers that foam up. As nice as it is I will be passing it along to someone who will give it the love it deserves.

9. Urban Decay Pandemonium Vice Lipstick: This is a beautiful purple shade but it's a touch too red for my liking.

10. Otaku Scents Princess Serenity: Frankly I'm just not a fan of the way this smells.

11. ColourPop Lippie Stix in Nevermind: This is a nice inky purple but it kind of fades out throughout the day and while the fade is nice I have a dupe that doesn't fade as much.

12. Tattoo Junkee Past Curfew Lip Paint: I found that this goes on rather unevenly - color-wise, and leaves these weird patches of color on the lips.

13. YSL 16 Pourpre Preview Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain: I found that this goes on rather thick and gloppy for my liking.

14.  YSL 35 Caramel Tan - Burnt Brown Ombres Duolumieres: I think these browns are rather pretty but they're nothing unique to my collection and I'd rather pass them along to someone who'd give them more love.

15. YSL 5 Color Harmony For Eyes in Tawny: So I've decided to pass this along after all. I realized I only really like one look that I do with this and that's with the deeper browns in the crease and the lightest shade on the lid. It's a pretty, portable palette but I feel like I have many dupes in my collection that I tend to actively reach for in comparison to this.

16. Bath & Body Works Magic in the Air Fine Fragrance Mist: This has a hint of musky sweetness that I am just not loving.

17. Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream: I find this to be sticky in texture :/

18. Sugarpill Kim Chi Liquid Lip Color: I find this shade to be a bit too pale on me; it makes me look washed out.

19. Youth to the People Kale + Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser: As with the Osea cleanser I like this. It foams up nicely so that's not the issue here. I just find that in comparison to this cleansers some of the others I own leave my skin feeling cleansed yet more hydrated and soft/smooth. I like it a lot but I just don't love it as much as the others because I wish it were more hydrating.

20. NYX Copenhagen Soft Matte Lip Cream: As much as I like the color of this and treasure that my best friend gave me it I just have to pass it along because it  applies and wears really blotchy on me.

21. wet n wild Vegan Culture Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette : The quality and pigmentation of these eyeshadows is really nice and this happens to have colors that I really like - which makes it difficult to part with. But realistically I have dupes for all these colors in my collection and this palette has made me come to realize that I really don't like monotone palettes, especially ones with very little contrast between the shades outside of undertones. All of the minty shades in this, beautiful as they are, tend to just migrate into one another and become one shade, the grey tends to mix with the blue, the shades get lost.

22. NEST Birchwood Pine Scented Candle: This candle smells absolutely beautiful but, unfortunately, it has no throw.

23. Essie Nail Polish in Aruba Blue: As gorgeous as the color of this is it chipped so terribly when I wore it that I have to pass it along.

24. Kat Von D Halo Studded Kiss Lipstick: As much as I absolutely adore the color of this lipstick it just doesn't stay put on me.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself with the exception of the Laura Mercier,  Clinique, Tarte, Osea, Mario Badescu and Urban Decay  products which wew provided for testing; the YSL shadows (with the exception of City Drive Arty palette) and NYX Lip Cream were gifts from my best friend. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment