Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Mask/Exfoliator Review: Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash Off



AvailabilityThis retails at $11.50 for 100 g ulta.com and sokoglam.com.

Would I buy this?: Yes

What is this product designed to address?
According to us.skinfood.com:
A facial mask that contains mineral-rich organic black sugar, along with strawberry seeds and strawberry seed oil. It applies smoothly on skin and leaves it fresh, clean, and fragrant with a strawberry scent.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to us.skinfood.com:
Black Sugar
Black Sugar Cleansing skin care line is an exfoliating and moisturizing cleansing line with organic black sugar that is enriched with vitamins and minerals to hydrate and nourish skin.
This also contains:
Glycerin: A humectant which draws moisture to the skin's surface.
Shea Butter: Has hydrating, soothing, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Macadamia Seed Oil: Contains hydrating and skin barrier protecting properties.
Meadow Seed Foam Oil: Is rich in antioxidants and hydrates the skin.
Strawberry Seed: Contains moisturizing, soothing, and antioxidant properties and evens skin tone.

What is the texture like?
This has a grainy, sugary texture. 

Is it scented?
This smells like strawberry jam.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
     I've had this in the past and really love it - I feel like because it's meant to be used as a mask rather than directly as a scrub that the sugar particles in here have a chance to melt into the skin; thereby maximizing on the humectant properties of sugar and also on its ability to scrub the skin. This leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. I find this to be fairly grainy and scrubby. That said it doesn't aggressively hurt my skin or anything like that and leaves me feeling very soft and smooth. I also really love the scent.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment