Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Cleanser Review: dermalogica skin resurfacing cleanser

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the dermalogica skin resurfacing cleanser


AvailabilityThis retails at $45 for 5.07 fl oz (150 ml) and can be purchased at ulta.com, sephora.com,  and bluemercury.com along with their physical store locations as well as dermstore.com, skinmedix.com, or dermalogica.com.

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is this product designed to address?

According to ulta.com:
A highly active lactic acid concentrate that retexturizes skin suffering from visible signs of aging by removing dulling surface debris and accelerating cell renewal. Antioxidant vitamin E conditions and enhances softness while fortifying the skin's natural moisture barrier, while soothing rose flower oil calms skin sensitivity. Daily use of this silky cleanser dramatically improves skin texture and properly prepares for maximum penetration of AGE Smart products. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.
How it works:
Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates surface cells leaving a smoother, polished surface that is receptive to subsequent active ingredients. Also helps hydrate and brighten.
Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E) is an antioxidant that conditions and enhances skin softness while fortifying skin's natural moisture barrier.
Soothing rose flower oil calms skin sensitivity.


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to bluemercury.com:
Lactic Acid: Retexturizes skin suffering from visible signs of aging by removing dulling surface debris and helping accelerate cell turnover.
Vitamin E: Helps to neutralizes free radicals . Helps protect against UV damage and promotes healing.
Rose Flower Oil: Calms and soothes skin.

What is the texture like?
This has a somewhat  emollient texture. 

Is it scented?
This has a chemically scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
      Overall I found that this did the job of getting my skin clean without feeling stripped or overly hydrated. That said, I found this cleanser just ok, it didn't blow me away in any sense of the word hence I probably won't buy it. I wish it felt more hydrating and produced foam, I don't really like cleansers that don't foam up, as I feel they leave a residue behind.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to, nor am I being compensated for, mentioning it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment