Saturday, April 6, 2019

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: YSL 16 Topaz Blue Ombre Solo and YSL 35 Caramel Tan - Burnt Brown Ombres Duolumieres

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. Yes, there's several a month now! I figured maybe I could get through more this way :D
YSL 16 Topaz Blue Ombre Solo and YSL 35 Caramel Tan - Burnt Brown Ombres Duolumieres

These are the looks I created this month:


You may ask me why there are so few looks with these eyeshadows and my answer is that after reading Marie Kondo's The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up I have implemented a "if I know I don't absolutely love this and I have something like it that I KNOW I'll actually reach for, pass it on." The reason you ARE seeing photos though is I decided I would test my items before simply discarding them or passing them along. I have two issues with these shadows, the matte brown isn't the best at blending and they all tend to fade as the day passes. For these reasons I've decided to pass them along.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  These were a gift from my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment