Tuesday, April 2, 2019

March 2019 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of February. :) 

1. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly Starter  - I love this - it's a refreshing, cooling primer with a gorgeous soft pink glow. I'm sure you can use this as a subtle highlight as well but the pink glow disappears under foundation and just gives it a more luminous look. I love the texture of this and the glow it provides.

2. JulieG Santorini Nail Color - A repeat favorite! I painted my nails with this and I love how it's kind of a pastel creamy denim shade and how it gets me in the mood for warm weather. It feels very spring/summertime.

3. Bath & Body Works Tiki Beach Scented Candle - The above photo is of older packaging, I accidentally tossed my most recent one before I took the photo but speaking of warm weather this is by far my favorite summer scent! I don't have a photo up of this because I actually used up my whole candle in February but for some reason I failed to mention it as a favorite in that month's favorite hence it's here.

4.  Alright let's get back to what I'm watching because 90-ish episodes in this dang show now has a grip on me. What show? Yu-Gi-Oh... oh I know, on the surface it seems fairly dopey especially to be watching it as an adult. Let me explain without throwing out any spoilers - again, on the surface it would seem the show is about several somewhat arrogant shmucks playing a card game which seems like... oh why would you even watch that? IT'S ABOUT SO MUCH MORE THAN THE CARDS and I'm not even halfway through yet. Here are some life-lesson takeaways from Yu-Gi-Oh that resonated with me... I'm not saying that these things are new to me, I'm just saying they resonate - the power of friendship, that kindness is the greatest strength of all (both rather "childish" lessons I suppose but things some of us fail to remember), and that despite what befalls you, you can always choose to be good. I.E.: RISHID. I mean out of all the characters, and in my recollection of the show, Rishid would be at the bottom of the list of "characters I'd potentially fall in love with." Rishid initially comes off stoic, reserved, standoffish, intimidating even! BUT OMFG RISHID. Again, without spoiling the plot, Rishid, bless him, has by far the most depressing, downright terrible life out of any character we meet so far. Sure the show really wants to rub it in that it's Marik who's suffering, and I mean... he is... but RISHID... The difference here is that, despite all the terrible things that befall Rishid he doesn't let those things make him resentful and evil at his core... I mean he's got his moments (don't we all) but this guy has a heart of gold. In my personal opinion, Rishid is the greatest treasure this show has and his character arc (again, so far) is what makes the show really interesting as an adult. When I watched it as a teenager I found Rishid intimidating and I mean, I suppose loyal, but I wasn't like "omfg RISHID" but now him constantly choosing to be good at his core... that's such an attractive quality in a character. I mean let's be real it's an attractive quality, to me, for people in general. I suppose you can also make a similar argument about Ryou Bakura but (and I know this comes later in the show) we don't really know much about/don't see much of Ryou at this point because Yami Bakura's always hanging around talking about "there will be so much more than just D." So there's that.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything discussed above myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment