Sunday, August 1, 2021

July 2021 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1.  Kiss So Wispy Lashes in 09 x3: These are a very soft, natural-looking wispy lash that adds a little boost to any eye look without being too crazy or dramatic. I also have to sing some praises to these lashes as they have thin bands they're very easy to mold to your eye shape and therefore easy to glue on and apply. 

2Softsoap Blooming Jasmine & Plum Moisturizing Body Wash: Unfortunately this body wash, despite the large bottle, didn't last long as a windy day in the bathroom caused this to fall down and have most of its content leak. That said, this has a really pretty scent and I enjoyed it while I had it. It's not as moisturizing as I would personally prefer.

3. m-61 PowerGlow Peel Pad 2: As I've said many times before I really love these peel pads because they instantly retexturize the skin - rough, flakey skin is transformed to beautiful glowing skin. Because these exfoliate, they let the skincare you apply over top to work even better since it's not fighting to bypass a dry layer of dead skin. 

4. beauty 360 100% Pro Strength Nail Polish Remover: I really like this nail polish remover for regular nail polish as this makes really quick work of things. I haven't tried it with gel or heavy glitter polishes but its scrubby bits help get more stubborn polish off in my experience. 

5Darphin Stimulskin Plus Multi-Corrective Divine Eye Cream: I found this eye cream to be very hydrating and quick-absorbing but it didn't do much else for me.  

6. Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish: This smells delicious but isn't as scrubby as I personally like. If you're someone who likes a gentler, softer scrub this does a nice job.

7. Indie Lee Energize Body Oil: Folksickles I think there's just something about my skin, specifically my foot skin, that doesn't agree with body oils. In terms of my legs, this worked great at hydrating them but as for my feet - arguably the part of my body that needs the most hydration is my feet and this just made them super scaly and dry. It felt really nice when I first applied it, but afterward it would get sucked up by the feet super quickly and disappear off into the abyss. So, all that said, I like the way this smells and I like that it sprays out and is lightweight but it just isn't hydrating enough for me. 

8. Duo Brush-On Adhesive with Vitamins: As I always say I like that this is a brush-on and dries fairly quick. It works just as good as any brush-on lash glue. 

9. Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment: I like to use this on the ends of my hair to give them a little boost of hydration. I find that it's not too heavy even on my very fine hair as long as I stick to mostly the ends and mid-lengths of my hair. 

10. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette: This is a nice, fresh, floral fragrance. I like it, I don't like it enough to buy it, but I like the way it smells. 

11 Kat Von D Saint Eau de Parfum: A light, sweet scent. 

12. Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia:  Another sweet, light scent - this one is a bit more citrusy. 

13. PRADA CANDY Eau de Parfum: This perfume is just too sweet for my personal taste. 

14. berkley jensen Unscented baby wipes: I like these baby wipes as they are nice, thick, well-moistened, and do a great job of dusting off surfaces or removing swatches. I also love that they come 500 to a pack so a pack lasts a long time!

15. Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara: I feel like I liked this mascara when I first started using it and then it just kind of got lost in the abyss in terms of it just drying out quickly. The brush gave my lashes volume regardless but alas, it was just ok. 

16. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner: I really like this eyeliner as it's easy to apply, remains black, has a really nice, fine, flexible brush tip and stays put all day long. 

17. ORLY In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat: I really like this topcoat. It dries fairly quickly (about 30 minutes to fully set is typical for me) and leaves my nails looking shiny and gel-like. 

18. Bath & Body Works Leaves Scented Candle x2: Frankly friends I feel weird having burned this candle in  the summertime because it's just not it for hotter weather - the scent feels heavily sticky with sap and apple notes. I like its smell but I prefer it without the stickiness of summer... if that makes sense at all. 

19. LUSH Cranberry Fizz Lip Scrub: This is a super yummy sugar scrub for the lip. It was adequately srubby without feeling too harsh for me and I loved the way it smelled. I never licked it off, honestly, because I feel like that defeats the point of removing dead skin, as saliva tends to break down lip tissue. In addition, it's not appealing to me to consume my dead lip skin so... that's gonna be a no from me dawg. 

20. Oribe Invisible Defense Universal Protection Spray: In all technicality this spray is designed as a UV and heat protective spray and, well I did go out into the sun but I don't typically use hot tools anymore. This made my hair really shiny and added a very light hint of hydration.

21. REVLON COLORSTAY SHARP LINE Eyeliner in 01 Blackest Black: I confess that I've only used this eyeliner a handful of times but am getting rid of it because it's SO BAD! I usually don't feel strong dislike... or hate... toward a product but this one... ugh. The felt tip is actually not fine at all, so it's difficult to get good precision with this. In addition, it's not waterproof, which typically is neither here nor there for me with eyeliner BUT if this gets even a little bit wet, like your eyes tear up a little or maybe it starts to rain or whatnot, this runs and SMEARS all over your eye, making you look terrifying. 

22. wondergloss face aperitif in rose: I'm so sad to have used this up completely, it's a wonderful setting spray that has a delicious rose scent. Frankly I found the scent intense at first but I've fallen in love with it.

23.  Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Bae: Unfortunately this smells off.

24. Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit: This is another product that smells off and is fairly dried out.

25.  Indie Lee De-Stress Body Wash: This body wash is nice and lightweight for the summertime. That said, it has a rather prominent eucalyptus scent that's neither here nor there for me. I typically don't like very strong eucalyptus scents as they tend to go musky or sweaty-smelling to me. I most likely wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this.

26. Crown brush C511 brush: As you know I absolutely adore this brush but mine was getting scraggly and they were sold out of these for a long time, so when I saw that they had come back in stock I was super excited and ordered a bunch!

27.  Bath & Body Works Pineapple Mango Scented Candle: I'm sad to see this candle go as it smells absolutely delicious. If you like pineapple and mango anything, I suggest checking this candle out!

28. KISS Lash Couture Triple Push-Up Collection Lashes in Bombshell: As much as I love the look of these lashes in the box, I don't really like them on myself. Unfortunately, because they're very thick and full all the way across the band they tend to make my eyelids look heavy and down-turned.

29. Bi&Lita Olive Hand Cream: My mom gave me this a while back and, because I never go through hand creams, I used primarily as a foot cream. It worked alright, and moisturized my legs wonderfully, but as I say often, it didn't do much for the soles of my feet. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the m-61, Darphin, Indie Lee, Moroccanoil, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Giorgio Armani, Kat Von D, Oribe, wondergloss, Tarte, Bi&Lita, and Chanel products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment