Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mask Review: Caudalie Instant Detox Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask.

Availability:  This is available at bluemercury.com as well as their physical store locations along with us.caudalie.com and dermstore.com. The retail pricing is $39 for 75 ml (2.5 fl. oz.).

Would I buy this again? Possibly.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to bluemercury.com:
Detoxifying mask that offers true rehab for stressed and tired skin by reaching deep into clogged pores to draw out accumulated toxins. Grape marc -- the solid remains of grapes after pressing -- detoxifies and drains, pink clay clarifies and papaya enzymes bestow immediate radiance. The result is a thoroughly revitalized and invigorated complexion.
Key Features / Benefits: Penetrates deeply to cleanse and detoxify clogged pores. Imparts an instant glow.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to bluemercury.com:
Grape Marc: The solid remains of grapes after pressing, containing the skins, pulp, seeds and stems of the fruit. 
Pink Clay: A mixture of white and red kaolin clays, offers an ideal balance for sensitive skin that needs oil removal and gentle exfoliation.
Papaya Enzymes: Helps remove dead skin cells to exfoliate and brighten skin. 
Contains antioxidants vitamins A, C, E and carotenoids reduce inflammation of the skin.

What is the texture like?
This has a creamy clay feeling to it. 

Is this scented?
This has what I would describe as an earthy, citrusy scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
So I personally adore this mask because it's a mask meant to clear out impurities in the pores but is gentle enough to use on my eczema-prone dry skin. It does feel tight when it dries sometimes but my skin doesn't dry out when I rinse this off, as it can with more hard-core clay and mud masks. This does leave my skin feeling a lot cleaner BUT it doesn't do very much to rid me of what I consider obvious (or at least, obvious to me) sebaceous filaments on my nose/cheek area.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment