Monday, August 16, 2021

Moisturizer Review: Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base.

Availability: This product retails at $20 for .50 fl. oz. (15 mL), $64 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 mL), or $95 for 3.38 fl. oz. (100 mL) and is available at sephora.com, nordstrom.com, jcpenny.com, macys.com, bloomingdales.com, and bluemercury.com along with their physical store locations. This can also be purchase at bobbibrowncosmetics.com.

Would I buy this?: Possibly, I do really like it.

What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com this is what the product is and what it does:
What it is: A primer with moisturizing benefits for smooth makeup application—it’s the best of both worlds.
Skin Type: Normal, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Dryness, Fine Lines and Wrinkles, and Oiliness
Formulation: Cream
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, and phthalates. This product is also vegan and gluten-free.
What Else You Need to Know: This formula combines the moisturizing power of Shea butter with vitamins B, C, and E. Grapefruit and geranium fragrances leave a light, uplifting scent on skin. With daily use, skin looks and feels its best.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com (sephora.com doesn't have an ingredient list at all, let alone a breakdown):
Shea Butter: Has anti-inflammatory benefits. 
Vitamin C: Helps to protect against future UVA and UVB sun damage by neutralizing free radicals. Helps to minimize the appearance of existing photo-damage. Helps to alleviate skin inflammation Vitamin E: Helps to neutralizes free radicals . Helps protect against UV damage and promotes healing.

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as a whipped butter - it's very hydrating but isn't super heavy due to its whipped texture. It feels refreshing and extremely hydrating. 

Is it scented?
The geranium grapefruit scent mentioned above is rather prominent here so if either of those, or scent in general, bothers you I would recommend avoiding this product. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I actually really enjoy this moisturizer both because I enjoy its texture and how well it hydrates. That said, for me this is more of a nighttime moisturizer despite its ability to smooth the skin and prime because this doesn't have SPF in it. I mean yes I can use SPF along with it but I find that the combination of an SPF and a moisturizer, unless they're already packaged as one product, is too heavy for my skin so that's a no-go for me personally. Like I said though, I like this even if I'm not using it to prep my skin for makeup. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention this product on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment