Thursday, August 5, 2021

Eye Cream Review: Indie Lee Restorative Eye Cream

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Indie Lee Restorative Eye Cream.

Availability: This product retails at $68 for 15mL (0.5 fl. oz.) and is available at bluemercury.com, macys.com, ulta.com, and credobeauty.com as well as their physical locations along with dermstore.com and indielee.com. 

Would I buy this?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?
According to bluemercury.com this is what the product is and what it does:
A lightweight, nourishing eye cream that is Vegan, gluten-free and powered by nature to reduce the visible signs of aging. Also works great as a primer!
Key Features / BenefitsEctoin, antioxidant Centella and Paracress extracts help strengthen, protect and diminish the visible signs of aging. Conditioning algae and Licorice Root promote brighter, plumper, more youthful-looking skin.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to bluemercury.com:
Ectoin -  Helps protect the skin against sun and pollution damage.
Centella - Has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties.
Paracress - Meant to help reduce muscle tension which can relax wrinkles and fine lines.
Hyaluronic Acid - Holds moisture in the skin
Licorice Root - Has brightening properties

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight, whipped texture to it that feels refreshing and deeply hydrating when applied.. 

Is it scented?
This has a particularly discernable scent. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I really like how hydrating yet lightweight this eye cream is. That said, I really dislike the pump on this bottle as it dispenses enough product to essentially smear over the face. If you're looking for a slightly brightening, but mostly hydrating eye cream this would be one to check out as I truly do love its texture and hydration ability. That said, I personally like something that brightens and depuffs a bit more.
As primer, the aspect of the pump releasing too much product is an issue because I typically use very little eye primer on my lids. It also doesn't hold up well, a concept which doesn't surprise me. I'm glad that I didn't go out when I tested this as a primer because my shadow creased and faded significantly. To explain, the purpose of an eye cream, in its most basic form, is to hydrate the eye area. The purpose of an eyeshadow primer is actually to mattify the eyelid so that powder adheres to the area better; the mattifying of the eyelid is what keeps the eyeshadow from mixing with oil or other hydrating ingredients and then creasing. Now, perhaps they meant that this works great as a primer for under-eye concealer, and it really does work well for that in terms of creating a nice, smooth texture for concealer to go on. That said, I don't find that the longevity of my under-eye concealer is any better with this particular eye cream versus any other.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention this product on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment