Saturday, August 21, 2021

Mask Review: wondergloss Pumpkin Latte Masque

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the wondergloss beauty Pumpkin Latte Masque.

Availability:  This is available at wondergloss.com. The retail pricing is $50 for 50 ml (1.7 oz.). You can occasionally find it at a lower price point through their amazon.com shop. 

Would I buy this? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to wondergloss.com:
This masque is more than just your basic masque. Pumpkin is so helpful for the skin and coffee makes noses happy. Mix them together and you get a creamy, antioxidant and enzyme-rich face treat. Our Pumpkin Latte Masque smells delicious as it brings deep exfoliation and sloughing effects to dry, dull skin.
FOR: Normal/Combination/Oily/Dry skin NOT FOR Sensitive/Reactive skin types
*NOTE* This is a Glycolic Acid based peeling masque. If you're not accustomed to using peels, this masque may feel a BIT intense at first. There is a warm peeling sensation in the first 2 minutes on average.
*Vegan, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, Paraben Free

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to wondergloss.com:
Glycolic Acid
Provides gentle exfoliation while hydrating and brightening the skin.
Pumpkin Enzymes
Rich in antioxidants that both repair skin and defend it against damage-causing free radicals. Pumpkin gently exfoliates + naturally refines pores while glow-giving vitamins C and E brighten + balance skin. It helps to soften and smooth the top layer of the skin while soothing and brightening.

What is the texture like?
This has a pumpkin puree-like texture to it. 

Is this scented?
If you have ever cooked something that called for pumpkin puree + pumpkin spice - this smells just like that. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I believe I found this for under $20 on Amazon so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm going to tell you right off the bat not to disregard the warning on here. My skin leans somewhat sensitive and the intense tingling sensation is definitely present with this mask, even though I've been using it regularly for about two months as of the writing of this blog. It leaves my skin very soft, silky, and glowing but I just personally don't love the intensity of the tingling and probably won't purchase this again. I also don't love the scent of it. I was expecting more of a coffee note here and although it's there, it's very subtle. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment