Sunday, August 22, 2021

Makeup Remover review: wondergloss Blossom Balm

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the wondergloss beauty Blossom Balm.

Availability: This is available at wondergloss.com. The retail pricing is $26 for 100 ml (3.3 oz.). You can occasionally find it at a lower price point through their amazon.com shop. 

Would I buy this? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to wondergloss.com:
Calling all busy gals - you are in for a treat. Blossom Balm is a creamy oil cleansing balm that is designed to gently (yet thoroughly) remove all traces of makeup and impurities, including waterproof mascara. This rich formula nourishes and conditions eyelashes and brows and is fragranced with Neroli extract. It emulsifies into a milk to leave an emollient Sweet Almond oil layer behind (say goodbye to dry, stripped skin).
FOR: Normal/Dry/Mature skin types, or use as step one in a double cleanse.
*Natural Orange Blossom Fragrance. We formulate using the minimum amount of fragrance, when needed, to create an enjoyable skincare experience. Fragrance is always less than 0.5% of our formulations, and all fragrances are vegan and free of PCM compounds, acetone, and much more.
Note: This works great as a deep conditioner or pre-shampoo, for dry hair.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to wondergloss.com:
Sweet Almond oil
Sweet Almond oil is rich in vitamin D, vitamin E (Tocopherol) and various minerals that help soothe the skin from irritation, protect the skin from UV radiation damage and restore the skin’s moisture barrier
Jojoba Oil
Jojoba is unlike any oil, because it's not one. It's the only plant to store liquid wax in its seeds. Sharing the same molecular structure as the natural wax esters found in healthy human skin, making it more receptive to receive vital nutrients and antioxidants, restoring balance, and helping your skin behave as it was always designed to do.


What is the texture like?
This has a balmy feeling to it, as its name implies, it turns into an oil when warmed up in the hands.

Is this scented?
This has a rather prominent floral orange blossom scent to it.

What has my experience with the product been like?
I believe I found this for under $20 on Amazon so I figured I'd give it a try. That said, I thought I was ordering the Makeup Assassin where I got this. Both are makeup removers and both work great, but the reason I won't repurchase this is because I like the Makeup Assassin better - it's meant for hardcore makeup like lash glue and if you wear lashes on a regular basis like I do you know the struggle. In addition, this leaves a really thick occlusive layer of product on my skin when I use it. It comes right off between my Makeup Eraser and regular facial cleanser but I just don't love the feeling of it. 
I can't say how this would work as a hair mask - I feel like you'd use the product up quickly that way and my hair currently leans toward the oily side so I will not be trying this for that, just thought I should mention it.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment