Friday, August 20, 2021

Fragrance Review: SOLINOTES Paris Rose Eau de Parfum

Today I will be reviewing SOLINOTES Paris Eau de Parfum in Rose.

Availability: This is available on target.com and jcpenny.com along with their physical store locations (this varies, call your local store ahead of time to be sure they have it). You can also purchase it on solinotes.com, beautyhabit.com, and zulily.com. It retails at $12 - $12.29 for 0.33 fl. oz. (10 mL) or at $20 for 1.7 fl. oz. (50 mL). 
Would I buy this?: Probably not.
NotesTo quote from fragrantica.com: 
Top Notes: Litchi, Bergamot
Mid Notes: Rose, Magnolia
Base Notes: Cedar
Smelling it straight out of the bottle, I get a a combination of the rose and magnolia with just a hint of bergamot.
Freshly applied, I get that sweet rose scent that I'm looking for. As the scent dries down the magnolia and bergamot start to make an appearance. Frankly I'm not the biggest fan of the bergamot. I like a sweet, apple-like rose scent and while the magnolia adds this hint of springtime freshness that I'm not mad at, the bergamot has an earthy, bitter quality that takes away from the sweetness. Personally I would've gone with a vanilla or perhaps a sweet lemon or even sugared grapefruit note here instead. 
In terms of wear, I had this on for just around 13 hours and I get a very faint, fresh note.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment