Saturday, June 2, 2018

May 2018 Favorites

Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of May. :) I'll be honest in that I don't really have many new things when it comes to favorites because I tend to reach for the same stuff over and over lately and haven't been trying a bunch of new things. That said:

1. Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator - This moisturizer has such a wonderful texture, which, I've noticed, happens to be my #1 deciding factor in whether or not I like a moisturizer, followed closely by scent. The reason I like this so much is because it's a very lightweight gel-cream that hydrates like a much more intense, heavy product. Now as someone with dry skin that, if I was to put a rich moisturizer on it pulls a "hey just so you know, we're not absorbing this, it's going to sit on top of the skin and feel like a sticky blanket of grossness" this is perfection. It hydrates so well given the aloe water it contains and it's "watermill" technology - it repairs the skin's natural moisture barrier and helps it to cycle moisture - hence the 72 hour claim. Truth be told I haven't been using it long enough to say that the watermill technology works for me but what I can say is that because it feels so good to put it on, I look forward to putting it on at night - I used a moisturizer with SPF for the daytime. Now, because of my OCD-ish habits, I will do my night-time skincare routine 99% of the time regardless of if I'm looking forward to it or not... but honestly looking forward helps. Also... I mean because it's not summer I have yet to get a sunburn... and obviously even in the summer I try and avoid being burned and becoming a target for skin cancer... HOWEVER, this feels so nice when applied that it's recommended for burns and I bet you it will help and feel really soothing on your burned skin. Allegedly it can be applied on top of makeup but I haven't tried, part of me fears it'll break down the makeup. 

2. Korres Mango Lip Butter - This isn't the first time this has hit the favorites section but it just feels so good to apply that I can't help but want to add it again. The texture is silky and moisturizing yet lightweight and I like the slight hint of color it gives me. I wish they didn't discontinue this shade as I'd absolutely get it again.


Disclaimer: The Clinique moisturizer was provided for testing, I am not being compensated in any way for mentioning it on this blog. I purchased the Korres product myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment