Thursday, June 14, 2018

Mask Review: Clinique Pep-Start Double Bubble Purifying Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Clinique Pep-Start Double Bubble Purifying Mask

Availability: This appears to have been discontinued.

Would I buy this?: Perhaps.

What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com this is what the product is and what it does: 
Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry

What it is:
A refreshing gel-mask that instantly bubbles on your skin for an invigorating, deep cleansing, and purifying experience.

Solutions for:
- Dullness and uneven texture
- Oiliness

If you want to know more…
A pep rush for skin. In as little as two minutes, this refreshing pink gel-mask transforms into a blanket of tiny bubbles, helping rid skin of residual surface oil, dirt, and debris. Bubbly foam works to smooth skin's texture, creating a perfect canvas for makeup—and skin looks energized, radiant, and purified.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
This product is allergy and dermatologist tested, and free of fragrance and oil.


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Mulberry Root Extract: Evens skin-tone and has antioxidant properties
Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract: Has anti-aging properties
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract: Has antioxidant, anti-aging, and anti-microbial properties

What is the texture like?
This feels like a somewhat gel-like  mask that foams up as it sits on the skin.

Is it scented?
This doesn't have a discernible fragrance.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Alright y'all I think that, overall, my skin gets a bit irritated from the foaming action of such masks - despite only having to have this on for 2 minutes, I was beginning to get annoyed with the tingling. I was expecting my skin to be somewhat red when I rinsed this off and to my surprise that wasn't the case at all! In fact my skin looked far more radiant and non-red than it has in a while. Color me impressed! I also found that in areas where my pores were clogged this sort of brought the gunk to the surface. I'll have to keep using this so to decide if it's something that I'd get again or if the bubbling bothers my skin too much but so far so good. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I being compensated, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment