Sunday, June 10, 2018

Exfoliator Review: L'Oreal Smooth & Glow 3 Pure Sugars + Grapeseed Pure-Sugar Scrub

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the L'Oreal Smooth & Glow 3 Pure Sugars + Grapeseed Pure-Sugar Scrub




Availability: This appears to have been discontinued.

Would I buy this again?: I don't think so.

What is this product designed to address?
According to lorealparisusa.com:
Smooth and Glow. 3 Pure Sugars plus Grapeseed. 3X weekly cleansing treatment.
L'Oréal's Pure Sugar Scrubs are a naturally derived blend of 3 pure sugars paired with finely ground Acai, nutrient-rich Grapeseed and Monoi Oils. This ultra-soft sugar scrub is truly kind to your skin. It is made with brown, blonde and white sugars, rich in minerals and melts into skin for gentle, yet effective exfoliation. This L'Oréal face scrub can leave skin smooth and glow for both face and lips. See effective results immediately. This grapeseed oil sugar scrub leaves skin feeling fresher and rejuvenated. Dirt, oil and impurities are effectively removed. Dull skin is gently polished away. In 1 week: skin feels baby-soft, smooth and comforted. Skin looks rebalanced, healthier, smoother and glowing. Smooth a small amount with dry fingers onto clean, dry skin avoiding the eye area. Massage over face with wet fingers. Rinse with warm water. Use 3 times a week. In case of contact with eyes, rinse them immediately & thoroughly. Can also smooth and refine lips, improving the overall look of lips. Do not use on chapped lips. Close cap after each use. Store in dry area.



Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Sugar/Sucrose: Provides exfoliation and draws moisture to the skin
Rosemary Extract: Contains antioxidants and prevents infection
Grapeseed Extract, Coconut Oil: Have hydrating properties
Glycerin: Attracts moisture from the environment into the skin.

What is the texture like?
This has a very gritty, sugary feeling.

Is it scented?
I find that this smells somewhat citrusy, like brown sugar and lemon.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I find that this scrub is fairly intense and I'm just no longer used to that as I've been using skin-dissolving gels - I promise they're not as intense as they sound. I found this to be rather aggressive and it left my skin really red and feeling kind of irritated, that said my skin was as smooth as a baby's bottom. While I like the results it gave me I find that it's more aggressive than I personally like. I found it to be similar to Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off, but I prefer the way the Skinfood smells. I also find it ironic how it tells you that this can double as a lip scrub but not to use it on chapped lips. I understand if the skin is broken but the whole point of lip scrubs is to used them when your lips are chapped to get the dead skin off.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment