Friday, June 1, 2018

May 2018 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
1. the SAEM Healing Tea Garden White Tea Cleansing Foam: This is a nice, kind of basic cleansing foam. Usually I like white tea items and items from the SAEM but somehow this just wasn't something that really excited me - it doesn't smell like tea and it doesn't leave my skin as hydrated as other cleansers I've used so while it was by no means bad, I wouldn't go out and buy it again.

2. L.A. Girl Pro Setting HD High Definition Setting Spray Long Lasting Matte FinishI had no clue that this gave a "matte" finish until I just typed up its name. Overall this is a nice setting spray, it holds my makeup in place all day long and feels nice and refreshing when sprayed on. Given how inexpensive it is I'd say it's a good basic setting spray.

3. Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover: My favorite nail polish remover for the fingers - its design and formula make removing even stubborn polish and absolute breeze. It takes me a maximum of 5 minutes to get polishes off using this... usually much less. Definitely worth every penny. A bottle generally lasts me 6-12 months, depending on the type and color of the polishes I wear.

4. A La Maison de Provence All Purpose Soap in Lavender Aloe: This is a really great all-purpose soap, as the name implies. I got this at Marshall's because I couldn't find any Dr. Bronner's and needed something to wash my brushes with. This does a fantastic job and smells nice without being heavy. I'd definitely get it again if I could find it.

5. Aquaphor Healing Ointment: Given I had a decent-size tube I thought it might be a good idea to use this as a moisturizer and while it works for that I really, really wouldn't recommend it. It's very thick and doesn't absorb easily. If you have really badly dried, on-the-verge-of-cracking heels - this is great, if your nose is chapped because you're sick and your poor nose is inflamed - it's great, if your lips are chapped, windburned, sunburned, and hurting - it's great, if you shaved your legs and you want to moisturize them after - it's not great. :P Overall I probably will pick it up again in some point but I'll probably get a travel-size of it as I really don't use, or need, it that frequently.

6Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Lychee and Plum: This is a really nice, intense sugar scrub with a fruity-floral scent. I like it a lot. One thing I haven't mentioned in the praises I sing to these scrubs is that they are all non-greasy which is so important when using a body scrub in the shower. I hate scrubs with a layer of oil sitting at the top because you just know that's a slipping hazard and I really don't have to worry with these.

7. Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash: I used this to shave with and I find that it does a great job as a shaving cream. It has a nice refreshing, clean scent and leaves my skin feeling soft. I feel like the sensitive formula moisturizes and provides a smoother shave versus some of the other ones.

8. Belif the True Cream Moisturizing Bomb: I am so sad to see this moisturizer go as I've gotten to loving it so much. I feel that I say that with several Belif products and that's because they're SO GOOD. In particular - the moisturizers. I can see why they're bestsellers in Korea. The texture of this is so pillow-y and smooth, it hydrates in a fairly lightweight way and leaves my skin feeling hydrated. I would definitely suggest checking it out if your skin is dry.

9. Marc Jacobs Decadence Eau So Decadent: While this is not a favorite of mine I do like this on me, it's a sultry, sexy scent which normally I don't go for but it was nice to have a little sample to play with.

10. Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion: This is a salt-based texture spray infused with oil to keep the salt from drying out the hair. That said find I can get similar results in terms of texture and hold from using mousse on its own and just don't want to spend the money on this.

11. Ardell Demi Wispies 4-pack: These are some of my favorites for natural, everyday wear lashes. They add a bit of volume and thickness without being anything too crazy and are super lightweight. I find that they're great lashes for beginners because of how natural and light they are; they also have a thin lash band which makes them easy to work with and they don't really need to be trimmed unless one's lash-line is quite small, I find myself having to trim most of my lashes but I don't to trim these at all.

12. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion: This was a pretty decent basic moisturizer. It's sort of gel-based which is really funky and not my favorite for a body lotion. To be honest I prefer a more cream-based moisturizer for the body. I do like that this is oat-based and non-irritating.

13. House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive in Clear/White: I really like this lash glue, it works well, it holds the lashes in place, it's easy to apply. I wish Sephora didn't decide to stop selling it but that's beyond my control.

14. Sephora Collection Craig & Karl Felt Eyeliner in White: To be honest with y'all I like the way this looked - I found that it gave the definition of a black liner but without being harsh, it added an interesting contrast to looks. That said, I find that the formula required quite some layering to be opaque and, especially toward the end, it would apply really unevenly.

15. Belle Ame Shea & Olive Oil Soap in Grapefruit Twist: I loved this soap initially - the poppy seeds at the top were nicely scrubby. That said after a few weeks this became a slimy mess and for a chunk of soap that's $8 it's really sad for it to become a slimy mess.

16. NOW Essential Oils 100% Grapefruit Oil: A really lovely grapefruit-zest scented oil. I like this one a lot.

17. Tree Hut Firming Sugar Scrub in Italian Mocha: This is a really nice, intense sugar scrub with a wake-you-up delicious mocha scent. I LOVE IT and it helps to get me going in the morning. One thing I haven't mentioned in the praises I sing to these scrubs is that they are all non-greasy which is so important when using a body scrub in the shower. I hate scrubs with a layer of oil sitting at the top because you just know that's a slipping hazard and I really don't have to worry with these.

18. Bath & Body Works Wild Honeysuckle Fragrance Mist: I'm so sad to see this come to an end as, you all know, Wild Honeysuckle is my favorite Bath & Body Works scent and I'm still salty that they won't bring the EDP back as I never got a chance to purchase it. That said, I've had this bottle for a whopping 7 years so it's time... it still smells good which... I mean I don't know what that tells you about the quality.

19. Bumble and Bumble BB Repair Blow Dry: Honestly speaking I air dry my hair 99.9% of the time and don't really heat-style it either so I cannot speak for the heat protection or repairing properties this would have had I heat-styled my hair in any way. That said it made a really nice styling cream, I found that it would tame frizz and fly-away-s and add a lightweight boost of hydration to my hair.

20. Belle Ame Lime, Mandarin, & Basil Soap: While I'll say this soap smelled really nice it fell apart a few weeks into using it and became a disgusting slimy mush. Just... no... really sad.

21. Bath & Body Works Sparkling Limoncello Shower Gel: A really refreshing, lemony shower gel. I like this one a lot.

22. Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix: A really fantastic acne spot treatment. What I really love about this is that it really draws out the gunky bits in the acne you're having and also helps it to heal much faster while also leaving the area hydrated, not scaly or crusty. Definitely a must-have spot-treatment in my opinion.

23. Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Shampoo: This is a really nice, hydrating shampoo. The bottle lasted me FOREVER so it's a really great value for its price.

24. Clinique Turnaround Radiance Peel: This stuff is intense and very astringent-like but it left my skin looking very glow-y and feeling baby's butt smooth.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Belif, Murad, Clinique and Bumble and Bumble products. The Marc Jacobs was provided as a sample-with-purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment