Saturday, June 30, 2018

Kat Von D 10-Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that I am SO EXCITED to own, a palette from which looks colorful, neutral, a mix of both, metallic, matte, a mix of both... can be born! A palette featuring colors unique to my collection... Behold the Kat Von D 10-Year Anniversary Palette




Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: No.
Notes: I think this is such a beautiful palette and is very versatile as well. As I've mentioned at the top this palette is super versatile, as you can see above. You can easily create a rainbow look but you can also do a soft pin-up situation, or even a smoky look. Personally I like layering the more "foil"-type shades over the matte shades for a fun twist. I really like this shade selection a lot. 
I'll speak a bit about the packaging before I show you the shades - this comes in a metallic, finger-print magnet plastic/acrylic with gorgeous artwork from Ms. Kat Von D. I find that the case is somewhat difficult to open and I always have to fight with it.
I also have to tell you that each pan here is a .06 oz or 1.7g.

Without further ado, swatchfest!
Adele is described as a chocolate brownI'd have to agree with that description and add on that it's somewhat cool-toned. 
Malice is described as a vermilion red . This is true to its description, a warm matte red. 
Ashley is described as a peachy orangeThis is a really pretty warm, somewhat yellow-ish  matte orange.
Gina is described as a mustard yellow. This is a very warm, matte, mustard yellow. 
Egypt is described as a gold glimmer. I'd have to agree with the description here, it reminds me of a pressed, softer version of  Sugarpill Chromalust in Goldilux
Sylvia is described as a honey beige. I feel like that's such a perfect description for this shade, it's a very soft, warm beige with just a hint of a yellow undertone.
Lala is described as a olive green. The description here is pretty on-point.
Leafar is described as a emerald glimmerThe description here is pretty on-point.
Melanie is described as a rosy cream. This is a rosy off-white, it's a perfect highlight shade for me. 
Alexandra is described as a rose gold glimmerI'd say this has a warm orange base with an intense pink and gold micro-shimmer through it. 
Nancy is described as a taupe mauveI'd say this is a soft warm brown, kind of a muted milky cocoa shade.
Catherine² is described as a(n) orchid glimmerThis seems to have a dark aubergine base with a purple pearl and pink micro-shimmer. Not my favorite shade as I personally prefer purples that lean on the cool/violet side but it's got a pretty micro-shimmer nonetheless. 
Kelly is described as a blue-brown glimmerThis is a red-brown with a GORGEOUS teal micro-shimmer through it. Very hardly is it that I like a blue-brown but I think this one is done perfectly.
Sarah is described as a cool greigeI'd say this is a heavily grayed taupe.
Carolyn is described as a muted tealThis is a smoky, slightly grayed teal. 
 Chad is described as a cobalt blueI'd have to agree with that description.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment