Friday, June 8, 2018

Makeup Remover Review: Clinique Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover Stick

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for Clinique Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover Stick





Availability: This appears to have been discontinued.

Would I buy this?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com:
What it is:
An on-the-go makeup removal stick to gently dissolve all traces of eye makeup.
What it is formulated to do:
All the benefits of best-loved Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm in a slim, twist-up stick. Ideal for precision touch-ups and on-the-go makeup removal, the silky, greaseless formula gently dissolves even long-wearing eye makeup.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
What else you need to know:
This product is allergy and ophthalmologist tested, non-drying, and fragrance-free.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Safflower Seed Oil: Has hydrating and anti-acne properties.

What is the texture like?
This feels fairly lightweight and moisturizing with an ever-so-slight greasy after-feel. That said, the after-feel dissipates quite quickly. 

Is it scented?
This has no discernible scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Essentially, this is the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm in a solid form. It's useful for things like cleaning up eyeliner or mascara mishaps, especially given its slim shape. That said, I personally have stopped using makeup remover products in favor of the Makeup Eraser cloth. I love the idea of this for fixing mistakes but I just find that I don't really have the issue where I need to fix my eyeliner, mascara smudges, or even a messy lip-line very often. I think it's a wonderful product if you're someone who does have those issues or is maybe starting out with using makeup. That said if you're simply wanting something to remove makeup with I would suggest purchasing a jar of the balm instead, as you get much more bang for your buck. I will say though, that is is ophthalmologist tested so if you are someone with quite sensitive eyes or having a day where your eyes are being sensitive (I have those quite frequently, no thanks to allergies) this might be a gentler way to remove makeup as it doesn't involved a lot of rubbing.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes, I am not being compensated to mention it on this here blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment