Monday, February 8, 2021

January 2021 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

Sheet Masks Galore:
innisfree Jeju Root Energy Mask in Lotus Root: This mask felt super moisturizing/hydrating, smoothing, and it left my skin feeling like a baby's behind. It also smells absolutely delicious, it has a pretty light floral scent. I really enjoyed wearing it. 
Candy O'Lady Mystic Potion Candy Mask: This is  one that I wasn't a fan of and it's because this mask is just extremely oversaturated with serum to the point of feeling like wet goo on the face. The serum doesn't pat in nicely afterwards either, it just sits on the skin because there's too much of it and the mask just doesn't sit on my face nicely, it tends to flap around in a way that makes me feel like Dr. Zoidberg. It does smell really nice though. 
Etude House 0.2 Air Mask in Madecassoside: This is a really nice hydrating, smoothing mask. 
A'Pieu Strawberry Milk Air Pocket Sheet: You  already know that I simply adore these sheet masks. They smell delicious - exactly as described, they're hydrating, they leave my skin feeling soft and rejuvenated. 
papa recipe Bombee Honey Mask: You already know I LOVE these masks - they smell delicious and leave my skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. 
Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet in Acai Berry: This was a really nice hydrating mask. 
JMsolution Marine Luminous Deep Moisture Mask: This mask was interesting in that it came with an essence - which I found made it extra hydrating and didn't make the experience TOO goopy - and an eye cream (it was really hydrating and doubled as an all-over moisturizer, which was nice). 

2. LAFCO Chamomile Lavender Candle: This candle is truly bizarre - overall it smells nice and is a soft, soothing scent but somewhere in the middle it gave off a scent like a decaying animal would and it was absolutely disgusting. I'm not sure what happened there but it started off nice and ended nice too. Maybe it just got odd from having stood around for a while but alas.

3. RAW SUGAR simply hand wash in Lemon Sugar: Frankly my mom used most of this up because after a while this began to aggravate my eczema. It smells like freshly squeezed lemons which is so yummy and does a good job of cleansing the hands. I think I'd enjoy it if my eczema wasn't acting up.

4. Trader Joe's Candle in Pineapple Cilantro: You know I typically love pineapple scented things but I find that this is an odd combination in that it almost smells like a pina coolada with cilantro added to it which is just, in my opinion, a weird combination. 

5. m-61 PowerSpot Clear: You already know that I love this as a spot treatment. I find that it really assists in clearly up breakouts quickly and effectively. 

6Oribe Priming Lotion Leave-in Conditioning Detangler: Honestly this works pretty well as a styling cream but unfortunately my little sample smells like it's gone bad so I am choosing to discard it.

7. Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo: I am honestly shocked because I remember using this years ago and disliking the product because it was too heavy for my hair and left my hair greasy. This time around I felt like it did a great job of cleansing my hair while instilling hydration and a soft, touchable feel. Most of my hair, except for the tips, is virgin at this time so I'm surprised that this wasn't too heavy. 

8.  Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Tropical Mango x2: You know this is another product that I adore and keep repurchasing because it's really scrubby and works well to make my skin softer and smoother as well as to give me a closer shave. This has a really yummy mango scent.

9. Avene Intense eye makeup remover: This was a pretty good eye makeup remover - it took off the vast majority of my eye makeup, sans lash glue, but when paired with a Makeup Eraser I found that it worked fairly well for me.

10.  Trader Joe's Watermelon Facial Mist: I really hope that this gets a re-promote because it adds a nice, light hydration to the skin, it feels refreshing, and it smells super yummy! 

11. Makeup Geek Full False Lashes in Graceful: These are pretty crisscross falsies. 

12. innisfree pore clearing clay mask with super volcanic clusters: This mask is, unfortunately, not as deeply cleansing as I would like it to be but I find that it does make my face clean and is nice in that it's a clay mask that doesn't dry my skin out. I guess it's just difficult in general for skincare to get rid of those pesky sebaceous filaments. 

13. berkley jensen Unscented baby wipes: I may have already said this but I love these baby wipes. I love that they come in 100-packs so one package lasts a long time. They have a nice, thick texture and are well-moistened so they're perfect for wiping surfaces/makeup down and they're great for removing makeup swatches from my hands and arms. 

14. KimChi Chic Raise the Curtain Diamond Sharts: This is such a beautiful product but mine has developed an odd vinegar-y scent so I think it's best to let it go. 

15.  m-61 Vitablast C Moisturizer: This is a nice, lightweight moisturizer that leaves my skin radiant. I think it's pricey for what it is but I do genuinely like its texture and the results it gives me.

16. Trader Joe's Candle in Strawberry Basil: This candle smells so delicious! It kind of reminds me of those old-school strawberry candies you'd find that old ladies carried around with just the slightest hint of basil. It's a very nostalgic scent for me and one that I really enjoyed having. 

17.  Trader Joe's Candle in Watermelon Mint: Honestly this candle was just ok, the watermelon scent here is that artificial candy watermelon and I am not the biggest fan of it. 

18. Makeup Geek Full False Lashes in Fearless: These are a really pretty full, fluttery lash. 

19. MAKE UP FOR EVER 03 Aqua Cream: Unfortunately this has just gone off and it smells really funky now. 

20. MAC Bare Study Pro Longwear Paint Pot: This is another one that's developed an odd odor that makes me feel like it's best to discard it. That said I'm so sad to part ways with this because you all know that I loved it very much, especially given how frequently I reached for it as a base when doing tutorials.

21. Incendio Beauty Love Spell Eyeliner Potion:  Unfortunately this was another of the products that has developed an off-scent. 

22. misc MAKE UP FOR EVER flash color lipstick pot: So back in my olden Sephora days the manager of the MAKE UP FOR EVER boutique made me this little pot of lip color that was meant to match my burgundy hair at the time. Alas, it has gone off. 

23. Bite Beauty Heather Butter Cream Lipstick: Unfortunately this was another of the products that has developed an off-scent. 

24. NARS Snake Eyes Eye Paint:  Unfortunately this was another of the products that has developed an off-scent. 

25. Colourpop velvet blending sponge: This is a nice blending sponge - I found that it gave me a nice full coverage and its blunted edge did a good job of getting into smaller areas. That said I prefer the shape of the Shop Miss A sponge I got a while back but it was nice to give this a try. 

26. dermalogica neck fit contour serum: I have found that over time this does have a bit of a tightening effect on my neck skin. It's lightly hydrating without feeling sticky and doesn't irratate my skin. 

27. Lavender Pond Farm Lavender Rose Soy Candle: This was a really soothing-smelling candle that's packed with lavender buds. It didn't melt the most evenly, especially at first, but I really enjoyed its scent. 

28. Colourpop Fizz Super Shock Shadow: This is another one that's developed an odd odor that makes me feel like it's best to discard it. 

29. Rare Beauty Perfect Strokes Matte Liquid Eyeliner: Unfortunately I found this eyeliner to be a little too thick for my liking - specifically the brush applicator portion. I could still get precise lines with it but I feel like it took more effort than necessary. Mayhap it's better for someone with more lid space than I have. 

30. Dolly Wink Eyelash Fix: This got really goopy and clumpy toward the end of me using it. It's ok and pretty much on par with any other paint-on lash glue. 

31. Tocca Gia Ea de Parfum: So I used up my baby rollerball of this and frankly I loved using this the whole time. It smells SO GOOD and I've gotten plenty of compliments when I wore this. I'm so glad I have a backup stash. 

32. Chanel Le Volume Revolution de Chanel Mascara:  Honestly this mascara sample was somewhat bizarre in that it started off as a super wet, clumpy mascara and then, over time, turned into something that didn't really do anything at all for my lashes. I'm not sold on it. 

33. Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate: Wow I sure did love this when I first reviewed it and no shade to the product, it feels really refreshing and hydrating in the summertime. That said, given that I was using it in the winter it works nicely when mixed with oil and with a moisturizer on top of it, but other than feeling refreshing and being a bit hydrating... I just feel like I need something heavier for the winter. 

34. Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Conditioner: Frankly I'm shocked that I liked this on my (mostly) virgin hair because a few years ago I used it on hair that was dyed and I felt like it was too heavy. This made my hair look super shiny and glossy while feeling hydrated, silky, and soft. 

35. Colourpop Faux Mink Lashes in Sweet Pea: Honestly I didn't love these lashes because they were nearly identical in length to my natural ones which actually made it difficult to glue them on and anchor them properly. My lashes looked thicker and neater with these on but that was about it. I also didn't like that these fell apart (as you see above) within only 4 wears. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the LAFCO, Oribe, Avene, innisfree (the pore care mask specifically), dermalogica, Incendio Beauty, Lavender Pond Farm, Tocca, Chanel, Clinique, and m-61 products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment