Thursday, February 11, 2021

January 2021 Departures

Ok folksickles. Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.

1. Urban Decay Urban Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette: Honestly I feel like this isn't a bad palette - it just doesn't spark joy the way it once did. I have dupes for all the colors and my main issue is that nearly every shade here has the same metallic texture which makes it hard to create a look that's dynamic. I had a wonderful run with the palette and really enjoyed it while I had it but I just didn't, and don't, see myself reaching for it often enough to justify holding on to it. I hope the person I pass it along to enjoys it. 

2. Urban Decay Peace Eyeshadow: This is a beautiful blue but again, I just have dupes that I feel I'd reach for more often.

3. Urban Decay Zodiac Moondust Eyeshadow: Another case of this is beautiful but I just don't ever reach for it.

4. lune+aster Dawn to Dusk Kajal Eyeliner in Black: Honestly for both this and the next eyeliner I just came to the conclusion that I don't like wearing black on my waterline unless I'm going for a very specific look and the waterline is really the only place I like to use kohl or pencil liners, in all technicality I'm ok with owning just one black pencil eyeliner for those rare cases I do that aforementioned look. I much prefer pastels or flesh-tones in my waterline to brighten it/make my eyes look larger and more awake. 

5. lune+aster Black Dawn to Dusk Gel Eyeliner: I'd advise you to read the description in the above, lol. 

Disclaimer: I purchased all of these myself with the exception of the Peace eyeshadow and the lune+aster eyeliners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment