Saturday, February 13, 2021

Oil/Serum Review: Maya Chia Supercritical Omega-3 Chia Face Oil

Maya Chia Supercritical Omega-3 Chia Face Oil
AvailabilityThis retails at $60 for 1 fl. oz. (30 mL) and can be purchased at bluemercury.com, macys.com, thedetoxmarket.com, bergdorfgoodman.com or credobeauty.com along with their physical store locations as well as mayachia.com, theartofpure.com, and verishop.com.

Would I buy this? I'm unsure, given the price point. Maybe if I felt like treating myself. 

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to mayachia.com:
Who is it for: Pure supercritical omega-3 chia seed oil is for anyone who wants to deeply moisturize their skin – naturally. This face oil is ultra lightweight, soothing and quickly absorbs without any greasy feeling. Reduces the appearance of fine lines. Skin feels smooth and radiant upon rapid absorption.
Maya Chia’s supercritical chia seed oil is a powerful yet soothing skin treatment, imparting a luminous glow that lasts and lasts. Works beautifully on all skin types, even sensitive skin.


Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
As mentioned above, this is almost entirely all supercritical chia oil with a 2% blend of oils added for scent.

What is the texture like?
This has a lightweight oily texture.

Is this scented?
This has a soft, citrusy, sweet scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
I typically mix oils in with serums and this is no exception. It's lightweight yet it adds this silky, luxurious texture whether you apply it on its own, or mix it in with a serum or a moisturizer. Hence, while it's a pricey oil, I feel like its texture makes it feel really luxurious and makes it a pleasure to apply - it's a product that I personally look forward to applying and using during my skincare routine. In addition to simply feeling nice, this makes my skin buttery smooth and has made a noticeable difference in how red and inflamed my skin can be. I know that I have RAVED about squalane in the past and I'm sure some of you may be curious how this compares. Squalane, overall, is a somewhat thinner, lighter-weight oil and I continue to love it and most likely will use it as my main anti-redness oil because of it being available at a much lower price point. However, if I feel like treating myself to something that feels somewhat more luxurious. I would go for this oil. If price wasn't an issue I think I'd go for squalane in the summertime and this in the wintertime. I will note that a bit of this goes a long way - I mix in three drops into my serum both morning and night and this bottle lasted me just about three months.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerThis was provided for testing purposes, I am not receiving any type of incentive or compensation for writing about it on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment