Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Toner Review: Trader Joe's Watermelon Facial Mist

Trader Joe's Watermelon Facial Mist

AvailabilityThis retails at $3.99 for 3.4 fl. oz. (100 mL) and is exclusive to Trader Joe's.

Would I buy this?: If I could find it again, absolutely. 

Notes: According to traderjoes.com:
Hydration heavy-hitters? Check. A bevy of bedewing botanicals? Check. Ingredients derived from the wondrous watermelon itself? Check!
Formulated with watermelon seed oil, rice bran oil, watermelon fruit extract, and a bevvy of other botanicals, Trader Joe’s Watermelon Facial Mist will keep you glowing all summer long. Feeling fatigued? Spritz some TJ’s Watermelon Facial Mist onto your face after cleansing, or as needed throughout the day for a quick refresher. You can even pack a bottle in your purse, backpack, briefcase, or beach-bag for some juicy, on-the-go facial hydration.
The formula is so mild and gentle that there is really no such thing as “too much Mist”—feel free to spritz this melon-scented spray anytime you need some instant r&r. It’s like a summer vacation in each 3.4-fluid-ounce bottle—which just so happens to be cutely color-coordinated to match the melon it mimics.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Watermelon Seed Oil: Helps to clear pores by dissolving dirt and impurities, has hydrating properties.
Rice Bran Oil: Improves circulation and evens out skin tone.
Jojoba Seed Oil: Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Watermelon Fruit Water, Soybean Oil: Is high in Vitamin E which is an anti-oxidant that protects skin from environmental damage.
Tamarind Seed Polysaccharide: Assists with improving skin's hydration, elasticity, and smoothness.
Neem Leaf Extract: Has antiseptic and anti-acne properties.
Moringa Seed Oil: Has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Radish Root Extract: Help soothe irritated skin.
Hyaluronic Acid: Is able to hold 1000x its weight in moisture, helps hydrate the skin.
Hibiscus Flower Extract: Helps brighten skin and increase cell turnover, resulting in more youthful-looking skin.
Pumpkin Seed Oil: Rich in Vitamin A (retinol is a form of Vitamin A - it helps increase cell turnover) and Vitamin C (helps brighten, lighten, and tighten the skin). 

What is the texture like?
This has a  pretty lightweight, refreshing watery feeling. It's a very light mister so you'll feel refreshed and hydrated but not like you just took a shower. 

Is this scented?
This has a soft, sweet, watermelon scent. I think it's nice.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Honestly this feels super refreshing. I purchased this on a whim because I saw it and figured like, it's $4 so if it's awful, I'm only out $4 - I mean if you've seen my skincare reviews you know skincare can get PRICEY. That said, I absolutely LOVE this stuff so much! I kept going back to Trader Joe's hoping they'd have more so I can get it for my coworkers but alas I happened to snag it and then it was gone. I love how lightweight this is, how refreshing it is, and how it leaves my skin feeling super soft. I will definitely get this if it comes back in the summertime.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment