Saturday, February 6, 2021

Candle Review: Trader Joe's Candle Tin Trio - Strawberry Basil, Watermelon Mint, and Pineapple Cilantro

Hi folks, so I have another home fragrance post for you.










Candles: Trader Joe's Trio featuring Strawberry Basil, Watermelon Mint, and Pineapple Cilantro
Availability: It appears that this has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?:Yes.
Notes: I purchased this because, as you know, I LOVE pineapple and pineapple scents.
Strawberry Basil:
This smells like those strawberry candies nearly every grandma has in their bag with just the slightest hint of basil. 
As the wax warms and burns, this makes my room smell like walking into a jar of strawberry jam - it's very sweet! I think I might like this scent best when it's cooler outside because it's reminiscent of summer whereas it feels very sweet, almost to the point of too much, when it's hot out.
Watermelon Mint:
Smelling the candle cold - it smells like sort of an artificial watermelon scent with just a hint of mint.
As the wax warms and burns, the scent comes through as more of a true watermelon with just the slightest hint of mint.
Pineapple Cilantro:
When I smell this my initial response is "wow it smells so good!" Here's what I'm getting from smelling the candle cold - it smells like a candied pineapple juice with a hint of something herbal although I wouldn't point it out as being cilantro in particular. 
As the wax warms and burns, the scent is very warm, like a warmed up pineapple juice with the gentlest hint of cilantro. 
I find this candle melts and burns very well; it has a throw that smells up my entire room. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: Bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment