Monday, October 7, 2013

Eyeshadow Review: Urban Decay Zodiac Moondust Eyeshadow

Today I bring you a review for the lovely Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Zodiac
Availability: This retails at $22 for .05 oz and can be found at sephora.com, macys.com, jcpenney.com and ulta.com as well as their respective store locations. You can also get it on urbandecay.com.
Would I buy this again? Possibly.
Notes: In terms of color this is described as a smoky black with blue-green shift and blue-green 3D sparkle. I honestly don't see the shift in the actual shadow, which is smoky black. But the sparkle is a gorgeous teal interspersed with chartreuse and gold. It's almost like the night sky meets sunlit ocean depths meets peacock. It's beautiful and speaks to me although I don't use it as often as I'd possibly like. Honestly I like shadows like these and think the effect is pretty but this was the only one that really spoke to me enough for me to buy it. It has a really cool texture where it's a shadow interwoven with micro-glitter. What's different about this versus shadows that have bits of glitter in them is that the glitter here is more consistent throughout as you can see in the photo above - no random chunks here or there, so it almost looks like a foil. For best results with such consistencies I suggest using a stickier eyeshadow base or primer (NYX Jumbo Pencils would be a good option) and patting the eyeshadow onto the lid with a fingertip for maximum glitter/color impact. I find that if you use something like this with a brush it goes on rather sheer and a lot of the glitter gets lost. :/

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment