Sunday, October 6, 2013

Eyeshadow Review: Sephora Colorful Collection First Glance

Sephora Colorful Collection Eyeshadow in First Glance

Availability: This has been discontinued.
Note: Despite all the long-last claims - 10 hours on the shimmers and mattes, I believe and then 8 on the glitters and 6 on mirrors - or perhaps I've got the mirrors and glitters mixed up here, either way; I suggest the use of a primer. Not only to prolong wear but to enhance the color and application of the shadows. It's a crime not to prime - ESPECIALLY the eyelid area. Just sayin. In addition, the eyeshadows can also be used wet for more intense pigmentation. I haven't really tried them wet so... I mean, I don't mind ruining the testers in the store because well... clients will ruin them anyway, but I don't want to ruin mine by getting them wet. I have seen them used wet though and yes, they do go on more intense that way. Not too sure if they'll form a crust though. The testers haven't. :P I think that if you're not a person who likes pre-made palettes or are often unhappy because you use up only certain colors in a palette then this is for you because it gives you control over what you put in your palette.
This particular color is described as a beige glitter. I think it's a tad more complex than that. I'd describe this as a pastel taupe with silver micro-glitter. I'm always looking for this kind of shade for a softer smoky eye and it's kind of what I wanted? There's this color I've been lusting after that's like this very soft purplish-grayish-taupe-ish color. Or at least that's how it appears on other people and I got to thinking that I've only seen such a color on people of medium to darker skin-tones and it could possibly be a color similar to this that goes ashy on them and makes it look... idk... grayer than it is, but it's pretty so it's not ashy in a bad way? Anywho, I like it ok and it serves its purpose but I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing.

Overall, I think that if you're in Sephora, these are worth checking out.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment