Thursday, November 7, 2019

MAC Bare Study Pro Longwear Paint Pot Review

Hello folksickles, today I will be reviewing the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study
AvailabilityThese retail at $23 for 5g (0.17 oz.) and are available at maccosmetics.com, ulta.com, macys.com, bloomingdales.com, and nordstrom.com along with their physical store locations.
Would I buy this again? Yes.
Notes: This is a really nice, smooth, and very long-lasting (as in, the pot itself will last you a long time!) cream eyeshadow. It's pretty alone (although I find that it fades out to nothing by the end of several hours) and works well as a base for powder shadows.



Bare Study is described as a soft beige with gold pearl.  I'd have to agree with the description here - it's a really pretty light champagne tone. I really love this paint pot in particular because its soft shimmer makes it really pretty as a standalone quick, easy throw it on in the morning and it brightens your eyelids situation but works great as a base for powder shadows. In addition, this also works well as a nude shade on the waterline - I like the brightening and eye-opening effect it has, and it  also acts as a cute subtle face highlighter for fair skin-tones as well.
Now, in terms of wear-time; in the above photos I used this as a base for my eyeshadow over Urban Decay Primer Potion - although Paint Pots can be used as primer on their own I have reservations about my eyeshadow creasing and like to pair them with actual primers. As you may be able to see this shade didn't affect any of the eyeshadow colors or cause them to warp in any way (for reference I was using my Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Colour Palette). I'd say my shadow wore for around 6 hours before noticeable creasing began occurring in the inner corner crease region of the eye. Wear-time was pretty much all day on my waterline and lash line (although it's not a shade that really shows up on the lash line, I merely wore it to test wear time) with the exception of this having migrated closer to the lashes on the waterline and remained there.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment